Iron Front/Arma2CO installation for SEOWHQ France 1940

Discussions on Badger's campaign set on the West Front 40 map.

Moderator: JG26_Badger

JG26_Badger

Iron Front/Arma2CO installation for SEOWHQ France 1940

Post by JG26_Badger » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:48 am

In this SEOWHQ Campaign we will be using the features in the latest SEOW version 7.2 which includes meta-SEOW to incorporate the features of Iron Front. To learn more about meta-SEOW you can read this linkhttp://seowhq.net/seowwiki-en/index.php?title=Main_Page. Below is the procedure that I to install a Iron Front game that is compatible for this SEOWHQ Campaign France 1940. If others have a better method feel free to add in this thread.

Requirements: Iron Front/Arma2 Combined Operations
The essential steps are the following:
1. Purchase and install Arma2 Combined Operations, e.g. from Steam. Verify that it is installed and works fine on your system. This will give you Arma2 and Arma2 Operation Arrowhead.
2. Purchase and install Iron Front, including the D-Day DLC, e.g. from Steam. Verify that it is installed and works fine on your system.
3. Follow the combined mod installation and updating instructions at the Iron Front in Arma 2 linkhttp://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-iss ... CO_version(manual install procedure is recommended) or at the IFA2 in SEOW link http://seowhq.net/meta/ifa2/
4. Create a folder named @SEOW in your Arma2 Operation Arrowhead game folder which resides in the SteamApps (path Program Files (x86) \Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder. Open the @SEOW folder and create a folder named Addons , this folder will be used to place the .pbo files for the maps that will be created /generated for the campaign by Meta-SEOW.
5. Now Start Steam, and your Arma2 Operation Arrowhead game. Once the main menu screen appears go to expansions tab in the main menu section. Once in the expansions tab activate the following options:
Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite)
Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite)
Community Base Addons: CO (A2/OA)
@IF
@LIB_DLC_1
@If_otherAddons
@SEOW
Iron Front
Arma 2
Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

You should now be able to play Arma2, Arma2 Operation Arrowhead, and Iron Front as you choose by enabling/disabling Expansions inside your Operation Arrowhead game. This will also give you access to the internal terrain and object content for the games, which is essential data for the meta-SEOW map generation procedure.

S~ JG26_Badger
EAF331_Snafu

Re: Iron Front/Arma2CO installation for SEOWHQ France 1940

Post by EAF331_Snafu » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:57 am

Is the installation of IF/ ARMA2co a requirement for all participants?
greykitten

Post by greykitten » Thu May 05, 2016 10:07 pm

I can't talk for badger but i think not, the only requirement is to plan. (or so i understood)

That said, the iron front thing put a different type of fun in the campaign :D
"Il n'est pas besoin d’espérer pour entreprendre, ni de réussir pour persévérer" Guillaume d'Orange
EAF331_Snafu

Post by EAF331_Snafu » Mon May 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Thanks Greykitten, I was hoping for an answer in that direction. 8) I will pass the info to the guys I invited.

Return to “France 1940”