Hosting/Technical etc

Sharing tall stories of the Illustrious Blitz Campaign together.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:54 am

Should be ok now, I have fixed the bugs Ikey has brought to my attention.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:09 am

So are we ok to run a mission tonight then?

How about Axis planning?

I haven't heard from Luny either but if need be plans can be put in so we can run one.
II/JG77Hawk 5
SEOW fanboy of dubious repute
LW/JG10_Luny

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:28 am

I have finished the allied plans.
I've seen the new MP (thanks 4Shades) and as Ikey I've found some bugs out. I can't describe how they happens as haven't been aware of, but sometimes when editing the flights data, the editing window doesn't dissappear and every time you click OK, it adds a new waypoint probably right behind the "OK" tab. To avoid it, I have to refresh the MP and start again from zero. Nothing we can't deal with, anyway, while it's been fixed.
Also would be good when you edit the coords or speed or anything, the data can inmediately be introduced instead of moving the mouse pointer over it. THis last one is just my wish and not a bug at all.

Thanks 4Shades for the hard work again, sir.

Luny
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:59 am

Well as it is we didn't run Malta. 4Shades put some flights into Pelican and we ran that instead which all went well.

All should be ok then for next weekend for Malta I would think.

Cheers,
II/JG77Hawk 5
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:00 pm

Axis Plans for 1300hrs are in.

Looking fwd to Saturday night.
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Yehah!! Then we have a mission. Hear that all commanders? Check out the MP and finish and plans you may need to get in... which... is.... probably mostly just me as I have still yet to finish my plans.

Anyway great to hear Ikey and once that is done I'll get stuck into Pelican plans, OH and Singapore!!, We looked into running that on the weekend too but Allies don't have any plans in as yet.

With the awesome Korosten campaign now completed we have options for Sunday night that we can mix up a little and I would love to see these older campaign get some attention. They have been pushed and shoved around for so long and yet they show so much promise for some good campaigning. Lets give them some time if we can before the next big epic scale campaign comes along and sees them swept aside again.
II/JG77Hawk 5
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Wow ! glad to see I've made your day Pete.

Might suggest you use try influence a few others to join in & help plan Pelican , I think I'll be looking at a short break once Malta is finished of course that could be in another 12 months knowing how we campaign.
Malta : end 2014
Tunisia? : end 2016?
Sicily? : probably 2020

I've got to get a new pc sorted & then DCS, Arma3 etc up and running & that'll never be a 2 minute job where I'm concerned :roll:

PS : I take back everything bad I've said about Telstra. They've opened my account & given me unlimited limit until end of bill period. Pity wireless is so slow but a great result none the less.
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:25 am

I would like to get the old ones going again too, i.e. Pelican and Peanuts.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:22 am

Axis Planning for 1700 isn't complete. I've spent an absolute frustrating session trying to plan . Website is so slow for me & with constantly refreshing that takes ages to restore I'm going to drown my sorrows & consider playing with plastic soldiers in a sandpit!
Can't get to any more planning now for Sat nights mission as I'm back on shifts .

Good Luck
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:30 pm

constantly refreshing
??? What was causing the refreshing? Hopefully you only need to refresh very infrequently...
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:32 am

Is there enough planning in that Axis consider acceptable to run the next mission?
If not then we have to postpone. At such a critical point in the campaign I'm not keen to run a mission for missions sake when every move at this point could possibly make a very big difference in outcome.

Personally, I only want to see the campaign to be run at its maximum potential. To be honest I'd prefer that for any campaign we're running. In a situation like this I would only feel like I had an unfair advantage if pressing ahead with complete plans for Allies and incomplete plans for Axis. I'm sure you guys agree thats not how we want to see out this campaign after running it for so long.

I'll plan away but as it stands I don't expect to be running this one tonight under the circumstances.
II/JG77Hawk 5
LW/JG10_Luny

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:55 am

Despite I'm not having time enough for planning yes (guess will have for the next weekend), I let it go as Ikey posted he returns back to night shift and didn't finalize his plannings. I'm sorry if it causes disturbances, but I also think at this stage the plans must be done carfully since the blue guys put their boots on Malta's sands. :lol:

BTW, a good planning and landing operation, Ikey.
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:02 pm

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote: ??? What was causing the refreshing? Hopefully you only need to refresh very infrequently...
Not really sure, maybe having windows XP system & IE 8 has a lot to do with it now?
I'll plod along & note any further issues I have. If it persists & I'm the only one experiencing it then I'll just have to tough it out till I get my new system.
Unfortunately that wont stop my slow wireless connection.
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:34 pm

LW/JG10_Luny wrote:
BTW, a good planning and landing operation, Ikey.
Thanks Luny but I couldn't have done it without Hawk_5 :lol:
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:38 am

Axis planning 1700hr mission done & looking forward to flying tonight.
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer

Return to “The Illustrious Lounge”