Welcome!

Sharing tall stories of the Illustrious Blitz Campaign together.
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:52 pm

IV/JG7_Warg wrote: If we change this, then we'll need 4Shades to reinitialise it.

While there's possibility of changes made , can the costs section be thinned out to only material relevant to this campaign.

cheers
Ikey
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:11 am

Any update on the 'Blitz' is atm, havent been very lucky in catching up on TS recently.

Also re the costs section, if its too much trouble I'm sure I'll cope . Be good to see this up & running soon.

cheers
Ikey
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:04 pm

G'day,

I went to plot some missions for blue and note that times are limited to only one hour. The intention was for two hour mission times. The template will need to be reinitialised to account for this before any plotting is done.

Regards,
Warg
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Warg,

A simple change to the campaign settings table - all done now. By the way, I noticed that the playability settings show that the Allies can only move one flotilla per mission (and the Axis none). Is that what you intended? Just checking.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:06 pm

G'day 4Shades,

Yeah thats sounds about right. I've restricted ship movement to curtail unnecessary seabourne bombardment for easy kills and for historical accuracy. The sole exception is the Illustrious. The Allies have been given a set time (unkown to Axis) by which the Illustrious is considered sufficiently repaired for withdrawal to Alexandria, Egypt. When this point is reached, they can attempt to withdraw the Illustrious from the map. Sucessfully doing this will win the campaign for the British. Hence the need for at least one flotilla movement.

Regards,
Warg
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Thu May 06, 2010 5:26 pm

G'day,

No progress was happening with the plotting of Axis bombers and recon. Unfortunately Ikey is still away having gone over his internet allocation. I've stepped in and finished off Axis plans to keep this moving. Hawk5, I've made my recon AI only and will not personally be flying bombers in this campaign as I already know the location of the Illustrious. From an Axis standpoint, plots are in and ready to go. If red is likewise, can build and fly from tonight or over weekend as long as there is at least two of us about. Drawing on what you said about the Pelican stats, we'll need to await 4Shades advice before progressing in that theatre. As stated in earlier discussion on the Illustrious Blitz, I'd prefer all the hard options enabled on it, using 4.2 betta and enforced with CRT=2 to test its future implementation. We've got a duty to set the difficulty and realisim bar at a high level in this campaign. Hopefully the template has the Malta 1941 feel about it.

Regards,
Warg
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Sun May 09, 2010 11:16 am

Warg and I have flown the first mission.

An intense mission over Malta with the small group of Allied fighters facing multiple enemy fighters and bombers seemingly from all directions and altitudes. Flak was intense and the weather.....hmm, not so good for combat but the mission was great!!

Looking forward to the next one.
II/JG77Hawk 5
SEOW fanboy of dubious repute

Return to “The Illustrious Lounge”