Don't land in time and your .....

Sharing tall stories of the Illustrious Blitz Campaign together.
II/JG77Hawk_5

Don't land in time and your .....

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Dead!

After the last mission Ikey and I had a chat and set a firm rule for the future in that the mission is shut down at the 2 hour mark. We went a fair way over and events had to be deleted.

If we can't land in time then your considered either;
lost at sea presumed dead
somewhere over the rainbow carried away by a flying monkey
an ex parrot

The stats will be simplified to say you were "killed in action"

Cheers,
II/JG77Hawk 5
SEOW fanboy of dubious repute
CSS_Hayzee

Post by CSS_Hayzee » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:28 pm

:oops: .....im sorry 5..you're absolutely right, i just wanted to land...i feel bad now!...take that plane out of inventory!
~CSS_Hayzee~
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Its ok Hayzee. The aircraft was balanced out in another incident anyway.

It just needed to be clarified and reminds us all that getting home in time is an equally important part of the mission.

Cheers,
II/JG77Hawk 5
JG26_Scannon

Post by JG26_Scannon » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:04 am

Can a pilot in that situation be declared "MIA" instead of "KIA"?

And perhaps missing in action could be a 25 point deduction instead of 50?

Just a thought.... I understand that the -50 KIA would be more of a deterrent to flying at the end of the mission and collecting extra credits but by and large people are RTB'iong at the end of the mission and perhaps they are taking too long with a damaged aircraft or other situation, lost, etc....
JG26_Scannon

Post by JG26_Scannon » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:08 am

Can a pilot in that situation be declared "MIA" instead of "KIA"?

And perhaps missing in action could be a 25 point deduction instead of 50?

Just a thought.... I understand that the -50 KIA would be more of a deterrent to flying at the end of the mission and collecting extra credits but by and large people are RTB'iong at the end of the mission and perhaps they are taking too long with a damaged aircraft or other situation, lost, etc....
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:30 am

I guess that in the current co-op format there has to be a line drawn and a decision made as to whether the pilot and plane are lost or not. When the campaign setting is set to enforced landings that decision is set. You must land or be considered KIA.
There is the option to not use that setting but in the distant past I seem to recall that this was actually exploited as a dubius but valid method of making very late attacks when it was most likely the enemy could not put up a defence. If a very late attack is valid so should a very late defence be possible.
I guess it is a compromise for the co-op format and the fixed mission time. In real life, attacks could happen at any time and there have been numerous discussions on HQ TS on how to simultate this. There are some ways that can be done now with a little admin work, others that I think would require a lot of code to enable.

If there was a mod for HSFX that logged the position and altitude of all aircraft in flight when the mission is shut down maybe that would open up a whole range of possibilities.
II/JG77Hawk 5

Return to “The Illustrious Lounge”