HSFX 4.11 Patch

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

=69.GIAP=PAVLOV

Post by =69.GIAP=PAVLOV » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:06 am

=AVG=Storm wrote:Like the eagle and the dove,
Fly so high on wings above,
When all you see can only bring you sadness,
Like a river we will flow,
On towards the sea we go,
When all you do can only bring you sadness,
Out on the sea of madness!
Almost best on that album... But better still:

Alexander the Great
His name struck fear into hearts of men
Alexander the Great
He died of fever in Babylon
Tanker

Post by Tanker » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:24 am

242Sqn_Chap wrote:New Development:-

Cumulative Ship damage as a result of player flown boms and torpedoes:-

We think this will enable cumulative ship damage logging for players

http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2109

Its a tiny little (50k) download with a one click installer.

If players don't have it its not the end of the world but if both client and server (and we have updated the servers) have this. It should work.
Great. Thanks Charlie and Squog.
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:58 am

Awesome!!!

Look forward to putting that patch to work!!
_1SMV_6Cilindri

Post by _1SMV_6Cilindri » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 am

242Sqn_Chap wrote:????

I don't know if you are aware of it but I and some ofthe other admins here spent a huge amount of our time making HSFX..which we designed for SEOW.

I am not about to patch up somebody elses's mod (which is 98% ripped off from our work anyhow)...
I know, and i thank you very much for this, and i'm not surely asking you to put your hands in anyone else's work.

I'm only a final user (a pretty stupid one at this point) and I see that your hard work is available also through another modpack, which I like and that allow me to have only one installation.

Since nobody told me that was stolen without your permission, i supposed that I could kindly ask for a patch as all the other hsfx users.
That's it.

S
6Cilindri
242Sqn_Chap

Post by 242Sqn_Chap » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 am

Nice reply Cilindri :-)

None of what we do is copyrighted, so others can copy anything ultimately ( there is no such thing as 'stealing' in the mod world ). UP is extremely 'derivative' all of the SFS archives are made by us only, wthout those UP woudl not even exist !

We really have no control over what is in UP and we cannot update it like we can HSFX. We cannot vouch for any of UP fm's as we don't use them.

We also don't know the effect that players using the diffeent versions actually has on stability etc etc (it makes it very difficult to know why things happen :-( ).
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Guys, this is now a thread about Maiden.

Iron fukkin Maiden because they love history. Not unlike HSFX or SEOW.

Turn the spotlights on the people
Switch the dial and eat the worm
Take your chances, kill the engine
Drop your bombs and let it burn
=69.GIAP=PAVLOV

Post by =69.GIAP=PAVLOV » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 pm

II/JG3K.Brandle wrote:Guys, this is now a thread about Maiden.

Iron fukkin Maiden because they love history. Not unlike HSFX or SEOW.

Turn the spotlights on the people
Switch the dial and eat the worm
Take your chances, kill the engine
Drop your bombs and let it burn
IRON MAIDEN!!!
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:32 pm

If you play this at an unsafe volume....

See... onward she comes
Onwards she nears, out of the sun
See... she has no crew
She has no life, wait but there's two

...the universe can implode. Be careful.
=AVG=Storm

Post by =AVG=Storm » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Here's the latest Iron Maiden patch:

http://www.stylinonline.com/patch-iron- ... ooper.html
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:59 pm

I have that tattooed on my face.
=69.GIAP=MORAK

Post by =69.GIAP=MORAK » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:57 pm

_1SMV_6Cilindri wrote:
242Sqn_Chap wrote:????

I don't know if you are aware of it but I and some ofthe other admins here spent a huge amount of our time making HSFX..which we designed for SEOW.

I am not about to patch up somebody elses's mod (which is 98% ripped off from our work anyhow)...
I know, and i thank you very much for this, and i'm not surely asking you to put your hands in anyone else's work.

I'm only a final user (a pretty stupid one at this point) and I see that your hard work is available also through another modpack, which I like and that allow me to have only one installation.

Since nobody told me that was stolen without your permission, i supposed that I could kindly ask for a patch as all the other hsfx users.
That's it.

S
6Cilindri
Oh! Now I understand why my senoir officer was pissed at me! I never seen this post. I can say this Chap you guys have done a great job HSFX is great! But the fact of the matter is that most people give up on Il-2 daily because every week there is a new MOD.. and most are sick of having 5-6 or more installs on their HD...Myself included. I want One install that allows me to play everything...Hyperlobby SEOW and what ever else comes about. Most of us bought this game in the begining to learn how to fly the fact is I have learned more about computers then I ever will about flying. I understand about being pised thinking that someone ripped off your work but the reality is that i can join a game that is using CRT=2 and it will let me in....that tells me they didnt change a thing about your work they simply included it in a complete pack which is what should have done in the begining. Once again I didnt mean to offend you or any other Admin here lets just keep it simple.

Oh and by the way Maiden Rules!!!! :lol:
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:34 am

I think we are less concerned about whatever code we make being put into UP than about ensuring that the J42 SEOW campaign runs as reliably and smoothly as it can for all participants. Having untested mixes of Mods present in missions introduces unknown effects. That is very hard for us to get to grips with.

If players have the spare disk space, it would always be good etiquette to ensure they use a stand-alone HSFX4 install as recommended by campaign admins. That would remove one variable from the lengthy debug process in case of hosting/playability problems, and would also ensure that all pilots see the same flight models in game.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
150GCT_Veltro

Post by 150GCT_Veltro » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:59 am

Bruce probably would be glad to play SEOW! As you know is a very good historician. 8)

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”