GME + Windows 7

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

150GCT_Veltro

GME + Windows 7

Post by 150GCT_Veltro » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:51 am

It was the same for Vista users i think.

If you have W7 you must use GME as Administrator and if possibile with XP compatibilites. Without this option, it doesn't work.

You'll see however your mods activated or disactivated but the will be not really activated or disactivated.

So, please be carefull.
No457_Squog

Post by No457_Squog » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:29 am

Hi Veltro,

I run Win7 x86 and don't have such troubles. This is because I have tweaked the security settings on the IL-2 folder.

This issue occurs because JSGME doesn't have the security privelidges to change files in your IL-2 installation.

The reason behind this is because when we install IL-2, the setup program requires an administrator token ("Cancel/Allow" dialog). This in turn installs IL-2 onto your computer with ownership of the installation directory belonging to the Administrator, NOT the User. This happens even if you have UAC turned off.

Windows makes you *think* that you are making changes to files, by using a method called "Virtualization".

It can be a bit of a pain if you don't set it up properly!
150GCT_Veltro

Post by 150GCT_Veltro » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:42 am

No457_Squog wrote:Hi Veltro,

I run Win7 x86 and don't have such troubles. This is because I have tweaked the security settings on the IL-2 folder.

This issue occurs because JSGME doesn't have the security privelidges to change files in your IL-2 installation.

The reason behind this is because when we install IL-2, the setup program requires an administrator token ("Cancel/Allow" dialog). This in turn installs IL-2 onto your computer with ownership of the installation directory belonging to the Administrator, NOT the User. This happens even if you have UAC turned off.

Windows makes you *think* that you are making changes to files, by using a method called "Virtualization".

It can be a bit of a pain if you don't set it up properly!
I've 64bit me too, thank you for your info.
This is because I have tweaked the security settings on the IL-2 folder
Perfect! I understand what you mean.

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”