Thank you!

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

=AVG=Storm

Thank you!

Post by =AVG=Storm » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:49 am

To Chap, Shades, Brandle and all of the other supporters and contributors to this campaign:

Thank you!!

It was a great way to spend part of the past six months! S!
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:40 am

I'd like to join in this! Thank you guys for the awesome work you are doing!

Thumbs up! :)
242Sqn_Chap

Post by 242Sqn_Chap » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:07 am

It would not be true to say that it hasn't been harrowing at times but it is very good to see that most of it has run the course.

Over so many missions, so many players, so many sorties, technical hurdles not envisioned, unpredictable plans and manouvres and the flexibility that production allowed...some sectors have inevitably gone in very different directions to how we may have envisioned.

That asides, providing players have flown in some memorable and interesting missions durign the course of this, it worked.
The wrest is ' J42 history....'

When all the sectors wind down (some are a little behind) we can tally up the score totals. (I have NO IDEA what these may be and I am not goign to look until all is done...it will be as much of a surprise to me as to anybody.)

And then talk about what we have learned in a constructive way, its best to wait until all of the sectors reach their conclusions for this.
Last edited by 242Sqn_Chap on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astore

Post by Astore » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:20 am

This is my first SEOW and I have to say a very big "THANK YOU" to all the People involved in the creation and developing of this simulation.
In the future it should arise something better but at the moment I am convinced that there is nothing comparable with these campaigns, hat off for all of You.
Waiting for the next campaign, best regards and have You always good flying.

Cris
The child who is inside us, never let him die
Tolwyn

Post by Tolwyn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:52 am

I had a blast, too!
Thanks everyone, especially to blue team who put up with me. No easy task, to be sure.
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:35 pm

This is my first true involvment in a multi-sector campaign and I have been very impressed. At heart I am a RTS gamer but I am also a very big fan of WWII flight sims, the combination of IL2 and SEOW is probably about the closest thing to a truly accurate WWII RTS, albeit a close resemblance to a turn based strategy game but with the added bonus that I can get in and do some of the fighting as well :D

I would like to say thankyou to those who made this campaign possible and constantly worked under fire and pressure behind the scenes to keep these campaigns running :)

I would also like to thank my allies and fair opponents who have fought and are still fighting valiantly over cent. med and Libya.

S! and a huge thankyou to all involved
Molti nemici molto onore!

Tanker

Post by Tanker » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:11 pm

To the admins, Charlie, Shades, sector commanders, et al. Go take a well earned vacation. Cheers and well done.
Faustnik

Post by Faustnik » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:13 pm

The campaign was great. 8)

The only problem was time, we need another 4 days in the east. :?

Thanks to Charlie, Shades and Brandle. Thanks very much to Tushka for setting up the server in the East.
IAF_Phantom

Post by IAF_Phantom » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:21 pm

S! to all admin, designers, commanders, players!

This SEOW campaign is the next best thing to a full real-time war!
what an experience! I have learn many new things - and have many exiting memories!

Great Work Charlie! from top to bottom and everything in between!

I would like to suggest to have an post-campaign meeting between all squadrons that played part in the campaign. To exchange impressions and experiences and to meet the people who we fought against.

I have no idea what I will be doing with all the free time I have now...
Israeli IL2 Flight School - The Best Train The Best
http://www.preflight.us/il2
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:47 pm

How about at campaign end freezing the maps and providing a free for all read only login that allows us to see everything on the map, ie. red and blue?

242Sqn_Chap

Post by 242Sqn_Chap » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Yes, will definitly do that Classic...

lets get to the end in the Mediterranean first though ! :D
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:23 pm

By the way I vote for another virtual day of this campaign, I think I'm addicted :P

edit: but I think my wife would kill me :D

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Post by =69.GIAP=MORAK » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:41 pm

I would like to say Thanks too Guys! It wasnt easy but thats what made it fun! I did have plenty of missions I wont forget and learned a bunch as well! Big crisp S! to ALL!
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:57 am

Just finished in The Slot!
Whew! What a war. Close run all the way to the end.

Thanks very much to Charlie, Shades and all the template builders, sector commanders, mission planners and all pilots who flew for making this a great experiece.

I've had a great time during the last 6 months+ scheming and plotting and I know I'm not alone in learning so much more about SEOW campaigning and indeed the logistics of fighting a war!

Future campaigns will be all the better for what was learned here.

Thankyou,
Hawk 5
II/JG77Hawk 5
SEOW fanboy of dubious repute
EAF92_Meako

Post by EAF92_Meako » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks to all those involved that made this large complicated multi sector campaign possible.

Organisers, admins, modders, map designers, squads allowing us to use their servers, opponents and anyone else i have missed out.

This has been a long eventful and enjoyable experience.

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”