Thank you!

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Congrats to all involved you've done a wonderful job . Look forward to the future SEOW campaigns.
JG26_Badger

Post by JG26_Badger » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:57 pm

S! all:

Congratulations to all on a wonderful campaign and for facilitating this great community. All of the developers of SEOWHQ, modders, participants and hosts your contributions are most appreciated.

This was our first campaign in SEOW and we had great fun. I especially enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and even if we flew against you I enjoyed the new friends we met who share this great hobby On behalf of JG26 and friends we wanted to again thank all of those that helped in our participation in the June 1942 campaign.

Good luck to all and hope to see you soon.

S!

JG26_Badger
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:42 am

Thanks to all! I had a great time flying in The Slot, and a couple of Kuban missions too.

Here are some of my highlights:

*) Seeing Gross do the impossible and organize timetables for 8 sectors and many pilots around the world. Bravo!

*) Getting to take part in a campaign consisting of templates built by some of the premier SEOW campaign designers: Charlie, Brandle, Warg.

*) Seeing strategic radar in widespread, stable use.

*) Seeing, for the first time in IL-2/SEOW, a credible large-scale naval war with persistent damage modelling. Recent submarine mods promise to enhance this even more in upcoming campaigns.

*) Meeting old and new friends from around world. For the first time we welcomed Grij, URU and 64S to the SEOW community and they performed expertly.

*) Seeing how pilots on both sides saw the enormity of their challenges, and then adapted, creating new strategies and flying in all conditions in a huge variety of aircraft and tactical roles. Fighter v fighter action is important, but it does not win campaigns. Everyone knows this now.

Finally a word for the back-room guys. If anyone here thinks they understand how much time and energy goes into running campaigns like these, then think again! :shock:

Even in a reasonably automated system like SEOW+DSC, things can break, especially since HSFX and SEOW were in constant development throughout the campaign. The following people particularly deserve all your plaudits:

1. Charlie (HSFX development, campaign development, admin, liaison)
2. Gross (Logistics, Axis Command, ITA-SEOW host)
3. ViFF (Allied Command)
4. Tushka (69.GIAP host)
5. Maraz (HSFX development)
6. Brandle (campaign design Ost Front)
7. Warg (campaign design New Guinea)
8. Both Axis and Allied Command Rosters across the sectors.

As the last few June 1942 missions play out, think about how you can contribute to the next major SEOW campaign, to share the load and to add your creativity to the mix.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
=gRiJ=SaoS

Post by =gRiJ=SaoS » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:10 am

Thank you all guys from all =gRiJ= for making this possible, and special thanks to Brandle and Shades from who I've learned a lot in this months

I hope there is a similar proyect in the future. Don't know what we will do now on Sunday nights.

As I said before, if something starts please count with as in anything we can help.

S!
No457Stonehouse

Post by No457Stonehouse » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:55 am

I'd like to say thanks to all the people who worked so hard to provide a unique experience too! It certainly has been the most interesting IL2 I've flown in years.

S!
Stonehouse
102nd_HR_cmirko

Post by 102nd_HR_cmirko » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:04 pm

all has been said already :) my congratulations to organizers of the campaign (you know who you are) and to all of the MP planners :)

S!

cheers
PA-SmilingCow

Post by PA-SmilingCow » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:21 am

Classic EAF19 wrote:By the way I vote for another virtual day of this campaign, I think I'm addicted :P
Thank you so much guys...
I think I'm addicted too, and will check until last moment if these 2 last missions will be or not.
Tanks again --->> Thanks again !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
6S.Maraz

Post by 6S.Maraz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:48 am

This J42 Multisector campaign has probably been the greatest IL-2 event ever, for the number of pilots and squads involved, their intense commitment, the tactical and strategical situations and the fierce battles on air, ground and sea. Having participated to VOW2, CAD war, AFW, etc.., I can easily say that this SEOW campaign was surely the finest and most immersive campaign, mainly for the level of coordination that we could achieve among different team.

Thanks to the admins and all pilots!

Maraz
6° Stormo Diavoli Rossi - "Oderint, dum metuant"
22GCT_Mamba

Post by 22GCT_Mamba » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks to all Admins, pilots and my fly-friends................specially to Chap and Gross that they make this fantastic multisector campaing

22GCT_Mamba
"Volare è un piacere, ma abbattere Classic è una goduria".... (© Mamba & Cipson)

Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:58 am

22GCT_Mamba wrote:."Volare è un piacere, ma abbattere Classic è una goduria".... (© Mamba & Cipson)
I'm not sure if I should be honoured or offended :lol:

Be careful over the desert tonight, the desert reaper is hunting :twisted:
Last edited by Classic EAF19 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Molti nemici molto onore!

Astore

Post by Astore » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Classic EAF19 wrote:
22GCT_Mamba wrote:"Volare è un piacere, ma abbattere Classic è una goduria".... (© Mamba & Cipson)

In the Axis side You are considered one of the best adversary pilot hence that citation, so I think You should be honoured......... even though You was not so highly considered when You smashed all those S79 :lol: :lol:

See You again in the virtual skies but better if You are not at my 6

Cris
The child who is inside us, never let him die
Cipson

Post by Cipson » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Classic EAF19 wrote:
22GCT_Mamba wrote:"Volare è un piacere, ma abbattere Classic è una goduria".... (© Mamba & Cipson)

Hi Classic,

I confirm you are the most considered opponent, and for this reason when something of us splash down you, we consider it a Great Success.

Therefore I suppose you should be honoured of so much attention.

By the way I got this honour three times...

and Mamba payed the bill for champagne .... :lol:

Jocking a part, congratulation for you skill.

SALUTE ENEMY!

Cipson :wink:
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:34 am

Well I guess I am honoured and humbled :) S!

I have been lucky on many occasions in my trusty Beaufighter finding either grd targets or getting amongst the bombers as you try to sink our ships.

But its been a team effort without my fighter mates I could never get amongst the bombers on my own :) I also had several lucky escapes that I should never of gotten away with 8) My most memorable was whilst I was attacking Todd El Ahmar with a DB7, after several strafing runs 3 or 4 Bf109s turned up overhead and my gunner fired, I was sure I was going to be shot down but managed to take cover in a cratered area just west of the airfield and then slipped away to find 'easier' targets :)

Its been fun and I look forward to meeting more or our international community at Flying Legends Airshow, I would offer to buy all of my victims a beer but I'm not that rich :P
Molti nemici molto onore!

EAF331_Starfire

Post by EAF331_Starfire » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks to the admins and developers for the great work behnd this campaign.

Thanks to our opponants in the Central Med. and in Libya.

I belive that both sides cheered when certain individuals where downed.

I too prayed to Bristol and Douglas for their work on the Bostons and the Beaufighter. Often coming home on a wing and a prayer :roll:
I have no doubt that every Axis pilot did their very best take us bomber guys down. I feelt the heat :lol:

The most memmorable experianced where actually my solitary long range missions.
I Libya I had the pleasure to roam deep behind axis lines in my Boston.
Forwarding tanksbuster to targets I could not kill, forwarding recon info to our commanders and killing helpless supply trucks. All at very low altitude. The challange of navigating with a map and a stopwatch. There pressure of bieng discovered, knowing that I would be unable to get any fightercover. Stretching my fuel in order to fly all three hours.
It was fantastic :D
"Words that do not match deeds are unimportant."
“Silence is argument carried out by other means.”
- Ernesto "Che" Guevara
22GCT_Mamba

Post by 22GCT_Mamba » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:56 pm

6S.Cipson wrote:
Classic EAF19 wrote:

Hi Classic,

I confirm you are the most considered opponent, and for this reason when something of us splash down you, we consider it a Great Success.

Therefore I suppose you should be honoured of so much attention.

By the way I got this honour three times...

and Mamba payed the bill for champagne .... :lol:

Jocking a part, congratulation for you skill.

SALUTE ENEMY!

Cipson :wink:
Confirm the words of Cipson......

For the beer in Fly Legends event on july i will be the first for the beer.....give me in pm the mobile number to tracer you into the event.

It was a pleasure fly towards very professional and brave opponents as you

Cheers

Mamba
"Volare è un piacere, ma abbattere Classic è una goduria".... (© Mamba & Cipson)

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”