Background Reading

This is a discussion forum for the SEOW Scripted Campaign based on Operation Detachment (Iwo Jima 19 Feb 1945). This campaign is now under final testing at SEOW HQ.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:14 pm

G'day 4Shades,

Looking foward to what I'd anticipate to be a largely amphibious and mudmover campaign. Is nice to see some late war USN/USMC carrier operations and opportunity to try out some of the fancy ordinance that could be loaded onto their aircraft. I note that there quite a few new vessels in the latest HSFX version which are tailor made for this operation. Will Japanese kamikazes be represented in this? If so, I can nominate some recruits worthy of the role. Upon scope of the operation, will it include maps for the support areas outside of Iwo Jima, such as the Mariana's, other Bonin Islands (Chichi Jima*) and the Japanese coastline? For me, is very timely, for I recently received DVD's of Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima as a Fathers Day presents and haven't gotten around to watching them as yet. Anyway. count me in.

Regards,
Warg

*George Bush was shot down near here and was the scene of very dark evil deeds that were hushed up. Re: Flyboys by James Bradley.

Return to “Operation Detachment (beta campaign)”