The Scenario

A ground-based historical SEOW campaign for the Sarata encirclement of the Wehrmacht 9th Infanterie Division in the Odessa Oblast.
IV/JG7_4Shades

The Scenario

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:46 pm

It is 1 August 1944 and the Soviet army has taken Odessa and driven south-west towards Prut, leaving the 9th Infanterie Division trapped at the administrative centre of Sarata, well behind the front lines. Elements of the Soviet 4th Guards Mechanised Corps (under General Pliev) are ordered to capture Sarata, but face stiff resistance from the beleaguered Wehrmacht formation, under the command of Generalmajor Werner Gebb.

I propose the following scenario rules:
  • 9th Infanterie to have half-strength in mid-1944 formation.
    4th Guards Mechanised Corps to be present in 25% strength.
    No airforces, apart from spotter planes on both sides, and driveable vehicles
    Soviets must capture Sarata control points in 20 turns.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:50 am

How about this for an initial condition:
  • Wehrmacht defenders control the four bridges surrounding Sarata (2xroad + 2xrail)
    Wehrmacht defenders have 3 Kuebelwagens per Regiment plus 3 Kuebelwagens for the Command Abteilung, a total of 12 drivable vehicles.
    Wehrmacht units can deploy anywhere in the Sarata area bounded by the rivers to the east (Sarata River) and to the southwest (Cogalnic River), and no more than 3 km from the Sarata Control Point south or north.
  • Soviet forces have 20 Willis jeeps plus 8 U2VS recon aircraft.
    Initially, Soviet forces can completely encircle Sarata at a distance of at least 6 km from the Control Point.
The campaign starts at 0300 hours on August 12, 1944 and the Soviets must capture the Control Point by 2300 hours that evening.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:53 am

I cant get to even check map till Sunday night earliest so I'll just put on my monkey suit & say its ok by me & leave it up to another Blue combatant.

cheers
Ikey
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer

Return to “Sarata - General Discussion”