Not getting killed, as for stats.

The general briefing room for the Marianas 1944 campaign. Open to all interested in this campaign. SEOW HQ standards of behaviour and courtesy apply.
LLv34_Untamo

Not getting killed, as for stats.

Post by LLv34_Untamo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:20 am

S!

I think I've already asked this in some other SEOW, but have forgotten, so I'll ask again :)

If unable to take off, what do you have to do in the start of the mission to not get KIA to stats? The question popped again in my head at the start of the mission last night when our squad's Icedi had his wheel brakes 50% on (analog rotary) causing him to face plant on takeoff. His plane was otherwise ok, so he disconnected from server to allow others to take off. And now stats show him as KIA.

What he should have done to avoid this? Wait 15min? In this case it was not possible as we launched from a carrier.

-LLv34_Untamo
22GCT_Perru

Post by 22GCT_Perru » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:05 am

Dear Friend
That is a known issue about the SEOW system. Happened to me a few times too, and i was very angry because it spoiled my stats :)

There is nothing to do, the system records the moment while you land, saving the plane. So you should take off and land to save the plane and the pilot, but i know that's almost impossibile if you have problems.

It's a thing that always happened and with which we have to live with, unfortunately.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:37 am

Anyway I will investigate ASAP.
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:42 am

The Marianas campaign admin has chosen to use the SEOW "Enforce Pilot Landings" option, which counts a pilot as KIA if his flight mission is incomplete. SEOW does not enforce this automatically, it is a campaign design decision.

To avoid being counted as KIA (with this option) even though you survive the mission, you simply need to make sure that your plane registers a "Landed", "Emergency Landed", "Crashed" or "Shot Down" event, or that your pilot registers a "Bailed" or "Captured" event.

So what Icedi could have done is bail out. That may have helped, unless he was on a carrier and his pilot jumps over the side!

The recommended exit procedure with this SEOW option enabled is "get the plane on the ground/deck, enable chocks, turn engine off and wait for 10 seconds, then exit". If the plane is damaged in any way, get it on the ground, then bail, wait until your pilot diasppears, wait 10 seconds more, then exit".

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
LLv34_Untamo

Post by LLv34_Untamo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 am

S!

Thanks for answers!

So in this case, as he was still on the carrier deck with only propeller damaged, if he would've bailed, he would have plummeted to his death from the deck?

As in, no way out without KIA in this case.

-LLv34_Untamo
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:03 am

Maybe no way out.

But then again, in real life if he nosed over like that he could have killed himself anyway!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
LLv34_Untamo

Post by LLv34_Untamo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:04 am

S!

Correction: he had 100% breaks, the plane didn't move an inch :D .. Immediate stationary face plant when he released chocks :)

-LLv34_Untamo

Return to “Marianas Briefing Room”