New Statistics Features

The general briefing room for the Marianas 1944 campaign. Open to all interested in this campaign. SEOW HQ standards of behaviour and courtesy apply.
IV/JG7_4Shades

New Statistics Features

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi everyone,

At Gross's request, I have updated the Marianas database to be consistent with some new features planned for the next SEOW release (after HSFX6 is made public). As far as the Marianas campaign goes, the changes affect:

*) Statistics reports - "Cumulative Personnel Losses" on the Full Details page, and "Points Gained During Mission (Summary)" on the Mission Details page
*) History reports - Now shows the number of personnel in each side.

These changes are purely cosmetic - there have been NO alterations to object behaviour, no FM changes etc.

What you will see now in the Statistics pages is a detailed breakdown of the Army and Navy personnel losses per mission, and cumulatively. The losses are calculated using a list of crew numbers per object, e.g. a Hellcat has a crew of 1, but a Kuma cruiser has a crew of 450. Default crew numbers for each object can be found in the Costs listing of the Mission Planner.

Since IL-2 does not report KIA events for ground or sea personnel, the SEOW Statistics engine needs to make a guess how many crew are KIA or wounded/MIA when each tank, ship, vehicle etc is destroyed. It does this by defining the following adjustable parameters:

Code: Select all

$StatsArmyDivisor = 10;      //Army personnel point value expressed as divisor of aircrew point value.
$StatsArmyKIAFraction = 0.30;   //Fraction of army personnel killed in any action. The remainder are MIA or wounded.
$StatsNavyDivisor = 10;      //Navy personnel point value expressed as divisor of aircrew point value.
$StatsNavyKIAFraction = 0.40;   //Fraction of navy personnel killed in any action. The remainder are MIA or wounded.
These definitions allow the battlefield effects on the fighting forces personnel to be estimated. For the first time in SEOW, we are able to compare the airforce attrition (that we are all accustomed to) with what is actually happening below.

The new features are operating now, however I have not updated all individual mission details, just those for SE-Marianas1944-194406110600.mis (and the Full Details link). The personnel losses information will be generated automatically for all subsequent missions.

I hope you like the new features and the different perspectives they offer. Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
Cipson

Post by Cipson » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Impressive!

Tks 4Shades for continuing and effective support.

:wink:
ITALIAN WINGS. L'UNIONE FA LA FORZA! www.italianwing.it

Return to “Marianas Briefing Room”