Crete '41 Final Test (24.09. @21h30CET)

General meeting area for all participants in the Crete May 1941 campaign. SEOW HQ standards of behaviour and courtesy apply.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:04 pm

dear all,

AMVI is maybe the squadron that consider the approach to the game at a high level of simulation among the Italians.
What Ruger is saying is: taxing is a part of simulation as much important as the flight in itself. In this perspective, a lot of time is dedicated to the training at ground (and this is also for the 22GCT indeed) so enabling the external view is how to give up to a part of the simulation and give an advantage to the players are not trained for.

Said that, I think that, hear from all, the decision is up to the campaign designer.
I have always said we will be happy to fly the Devil's campaign with the rules Devill will decide to set up.

The most important is stay together, have a nice time, occasionally have discussions, but finaly meet us all together for the next big campaign-
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
LW/JG10_Luny

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm sure everybody understood what Ruger was saying.
Even being the most close to real player in the game, I think he was not right talking as he did.
About the advantages, many of us use HOTAS, rudder pedals, switch panels, quadrants and wide screens, while others don't. Should they work harder to get those "advantageous" items?

Is as simple as it looks like. Simply say yes or no, much better if Squadron X says Yes and Squadron Y says NO, without aditional and hurting comments.

I think

Luny
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Luny +1

We have strayed somewhat from the reason why I suggested this small adaption to the rules. The axis bombers were having a problem with an airfield I simply put forward a suggestion that would quickly and simply eliminate the problem and also serve someway to preventing other silly accidents. Afterall who wants accidents? we wait all week for a mission and a screwup can ruin it all in seconds a severe screwup could ruin the game for many players and totally waste my time as a planner.

One last point...... navy operations where is the ground crew marshalling my aircraft to the catapault?
Molti nemici molto onore!

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:11 pm

This is not an enlightening thread. Locked.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Return to “Crete May 1941 Briefing Room”