Crete '41 Final Test (24.09. @21h30CET)

General meeting area for all participants in the Crete May 1941 campaign. SEOW HQ standards of behaviour and courtesy apply.
AMVI_RugerOne

Post by AMVI_RugerOne » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:18 am

Classic EAF19 wrote:AMVI_RugerOne. You obviously do not understand what we are talking about, perhaps this is because English is not your first language. Can someone who speaks fluent english and italian please explain the external view option that we are talking about.

The external view will only work for our players to view their own machine and ONLY whilst they are on the ground. We cannot use external views when we have taken off.
Dear Classic EAF19

I understand what you're saying. And I find little simulation also exterior views even on the ground. If not what are we going to do hours and hours of training per week? Here it seems to me that instead of going forward you go behind .. Do you understand this? Thank you ..

sS!
102nd_HR_cmirko

Post by 102nd_HR_cmirko » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 am

This is one of those "easy problems" - since external views on ground do not pose problems/solutions for pilots other than pilots themselves I propose that we turn this setting "on" for the campaign. Pilots who do not need or use same external views please don't press the button in question on your keyboards :)

cheers
II/JG77_Jack

Post by II/JG77_Jack » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:07 am

Rugerone,you are against externals as you said because they help in dogfight or if you lost tally.You probably missed guys saying that they will only work while your wheels are touching the ground.(so before take off and after landing).
Gruppenkommandeur of II./JG77
Cipson

Post by Cipson » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:07 am

102nd_HR_cmirko wrote:This is one of those "easy problems" - since external views on ground do not pose problems/solutions for pilots other than pilots themselves I propose that we turn this setting "on" for the campaign. Pilots who do not need or use same external views please don't press the button in question on your keyboards :)

cheers

Ah ah ah... King Solomon Cmirko :lol:
ITALIAN WINGS. L'UNIONE FA LA FORZA! www.italianwing.it
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:13 am

I will fly blind, because the FORCE is strong within me. ;)
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:22 am

Emil, if you do that please enable your webcam so that we can watch you do it!

:lol:
AMVI_RugerOne

Post by AMVI_RugerOne » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 am

In my opinion it is not an easy problem .. Indeed, this is worrying from the point of view of simulation .. Here it seems to me that we are going back, and I do not think that after all these years there are still drivers who are unable to manage themselves their aircraft on the ground .. I find it outrageous at this point we can go play Ace Combat, and they are that we're all good .. do not you think? :wink:

Assa la Matassa..!

sS!
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:02 am

This is not about who is ace and who is noob.

This is about pilots who do not have the time to study the airfields, or do a pre-mission test flight in the FMB/QMB. We dont all have the same amount of time to train. I do virtually no training as my real life is too busy to allow me time to train, I just abouts have time to fly SEOW missions and that is it.
Molti nemici molto onore!

AMVI_RugerOne

Post by AMVI_RugerOne » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:20 am

Dear Classic
What you say, to me, seems to be a pretext to facilitate things. And this is at the expense of realism. SEOW is the top with regard to the realism .. And if you have the time to organize such an important event, which unites many groups from all over Europe and beyond, there is also time for Please study the various runways ..Time is tight for all .. I think not, there is the desire to do this, and decide compromised to facilitate all .. I believe this is wrong and counter-productive .. But I know that my words are wasted, as you always do what seems to you ..

Grazie..

sS!
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 am

Ok RugerOne,

I am going to stop this right now.

It seems to me that you are the only one who has a problem with this.

Please discuss this with your fellow axis pilots, and if you all come to a consensus you can say that the axis side agrees or disagrees with this and that will be the end.

So, you guys see where you stand and then let your Axis Liaison Officer (Gross) or your Axis Commanding Officer (Cipson) come back to this forum with the common decision of the Axis side.

Until you do, I will have none of this discussion, name calling and insinuation any more!
AMVI_RugerOne

Post by AMVI_RugerOne » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 am

Until proven otherwise you who disrespects me until now .. However, I have nothing more to say dear 102nd-YU-Devill.

Assala..
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:11 am

I am not disrespecting anyone RugerOne, I just don't want to have these kinds of discussions here with this tone. In principle I detest arguments of the type: "learn to fly". There are people here with many different skills and skill levels and this needs to be tolerated to the point that it doesn't get any advantage to either side.

Both sides have a clear structure, and if a proposal from one side is given then I expect the other side to discuss it between themselves and then come out with a unified position towards the proposal.

If we were to accept or deny proposals on a personal basis it would be impossible to do so in a way that all players will be happy. We will have 84 players per mission, and in reality many more involved... Do you really expect to make everyone happy?

The most logical thing is that each side has one position and then we can see whether it is accepted or not.

Keep in mind that each time you deny something to the other side, next time it may be your own proposal or request that will be denied.
AMVI_RugerOne

Post by AMVI_RugerOne » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 am

I'm not sure presumes to speak to you to learn how to fly .. But the fact is that it seems to me very simplistic use exterior views even if only on the ground .. There have been bad. I work all year for this, and when I wrote that for not crashing to the ground is better to use the external views, well made ​​me a little to think about .. I know that you are able to do this, and well .. That's why I get touchy .. I never asked anybody anything and I will continue not to ask anything .. I express only my opinion about it .. I think I live in, the world, "Democratic" .. I'm just afraid that tomorrow there will be some other "nice" surprise ..

End of Communications..

sS!
LW/JG10_Luny

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:53 am

Yes, democratic as you say.

That's why you have been allowed to write the comments you did
That's why you have been answered in a polite way despite the capitals, black and red writing...
Thats why you get a way to express your thoughts through your squadmates and team leader
Thats why most can smile about your behaviour and roll the eyes

Looking forward for a good, long and friendly campaign, even if I can finally play

Luny
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Wow, judging by the initial heat, this is going to be a promissing campaign.

Demaocratic would be a poll about this issue.
Then we would know what the silent majority thinks.

For my part I would prefer full real.
Most of JG54 think the same.

Return to “Crete May 1941 Briefing Room”