Crete '41 Final Test (24.09. @21h30CET)

General meeting area for all participants in the Crete May 1941 campaign. SEOW HQ standards of behaviour and courtesy apply.
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:02 am

Another pro which adds to immersion is that by allowing this pre-takeoff only external view is that it simulates a pilots pre-flight check and walk around inspection aka 'kick the tyres and light the fires' :)

This will add to immersion as each pilot can fully check his controls are free and responding before take off :)

+1 to immersion :D
Molti nemici molto onore!

=VARP=Gec

Post by =VARP=Gec » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:17 am

i like kicking the tires! :D

all in all great test all!
No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist.
AMVI_Enkas

Post by AMVI_Enkas » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:39 pm

Classic EAF19 wrote:Can I make a suggestion....

I would like it if we could use the 4.11 option of external views of the players own aircraft whilst it is on the ground. This is very simple to enable and will not detract from the campaign at all. On the contrary I believe it will be a great benefit to the campaign. Summing up the pros and cons of enabling this setting looks like this

PROS
- Pilots can visually check they have ordnance before takeoff
- Pilots can determine their position on the airfield
- Pilots can determine if another runway is better orientated into wind
- Pilots can see just how much runway is in front of them for takeoff.
- It can reduce take-off accidents and collisions (whilst these may be historical they are not nice and we should aim to eliminate them to further everyones enjoyment of the missions)

CONS
- none!

Using the setting that prevents all external views apart from the players own aircraft whilst on the ground will add to everyones enjoyment of the campaign, I cannot think of any way that it will detract from the campaign. Remember this external view automatically turns off and back into the cockpit as soon as our aircraft take-off.

I would really like it if we enable this setting.
It's all right.

But not simulative.

Remember that in SEOW the planes start one behind the other, so it's really useless to have any external view (ground view too).

Turn the plane a little on the right or left , and you can see where you are and where in are going for.

So external wiews are useless, exeption/save for rookies....

S!
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:26 pm

So external wiews are useless, exeption/save for rookies....
Thats a very elitist comment.

Turning left or right only allows a view ahead, you cannot;

- check your ordnance
- check position on the airfield
- see if another runway is better faced into wind
- check the length of runway ahead
- check all of your controls are working (rudder, elevator and ailerons)

A turn left or right will only reveal if the a/c in front has moved.

I still vote to have it enabled, nobody forces you to use it.

=69.GIAP=KOSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=KOSHKA » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:30 pm

I agree with Enkas, in coop I can't really see use for this feature, wind is pre-briefed in mission, loadout is in aiming screen, runaway headings should be briefed by flight leader, if you are one, open full mission builder and have a look and controls check which i always do before seow I always do from within cockpit.

I also can't se why not use it if someone prefer externals but as Enkas said we are experienced pilots most of us we can do better than that :)

either way no fuss :)
"It only takes about two years of full time effort to make a pilot into a fighter pilot."
=69.GIAP=CONAN
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Devill,
Assopos is a map bug. We must edit the map.
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
AMVI_Enkas

Post by AMVI_Enkas » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Ops Class, i only wanted express my opinion. If its forbidden i'm really sorry. :wink:

However .....

=EDIT=

Quote (and thx), KOSHKA that have explane better my thought:
=69.GIAP=KOSHKA
I agree with Enkas, in coop I can't really see use for this feature, wind is pre-briefed in mission, loadout is in aiming screen, runaway headings should be briefed by flight leader, if you are one, open full mission builder and have a look and controls check which i always do before seow I always do from within cockpit.
I also can't se why not use it if someone prefer externals but as Enkas said we are experienced pilots most of us we can do better than that either way no fuss .
S!
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Sorry Enkas, I did not mean to sound so abrupt. Everyone is entitle to their opinion of course.

Whilst in a perfect world it would be nice to do everything pre mission some of us just dont have the time. When I put the children to bed and then sit down for a SEOW mission I am joining the mission just a few mins before the launch. I dont have time to even verbally brief the pilots that I am leading. I certainly have no time to do a pre-flight check in the QMB or FMB.

102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:33 pm

@Diego,

ok Diego thx. I think it is not a crucial bug. A little taxiing around might be necessary if a lot of planes are planned from it.

Can you please check Heraklion lights. They are not aligned well and 242 guys tell me it is a seow bug.

@All,

stand down gents, can we at least start the campaign before you let feathers fly?
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:02 pm

@Devill, as its your first time in this role all of the SEOW pilots have had a meeting and we agreed to argue as much as possible and blame the admin for everything! :wink:

Tanker

Post by Tanker » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:09 pm

I agree with the usefulness of the external views. In my opinion it has nothing to do with how experienced a pilot you are and it adds to the feeling of immersion rather than subtracting from it. In real life, you would be familiar with the airfield you are operating from. You would have landed there previously. You would know the runway layout. You would do a preflight walk around and gauge the wind speed and direction. The external views, in some small way, simulate this.

I say enable external view while on the ground.
=VARP=Gec

Post by =VARP=Gec » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:30 am

Tanker wrote:I agree with the usefulness of the external views. In my opinion it has nothing to do with how experienced a pilot you are and it adds to the feeling of immersion rather than subtracting from it. In real life, you would be familiar with the airfield you are operating from. You would have landed there previously. You would know the runway layout. You would do a preflight walk around and gauge the wind speed and direction. The external views, in some small way, simulate this.

+1
=VARP=Gec

Post by =VARP=Gec » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:41 am

Tanker wrote:I agree with the usefulness of the external views. In my opinion it has nothing to do with how experienced a pilot you are and it adds to the feeling of immersion rather than subtracting from it. In real life, you would be familiar with the airfield you are operating from. You would have landed there previously. You would know the runway layout. You would do a preflight walk around and gauge the wind speed and direction. The external views, in some small way, simulate this.

+1
AMVI_RugerOne

Post by AMVI_RugerOne » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:07 am

Classic EAF19 wrote:Can I make a suggestion....

I would like it if we could use the 4.11 option of external views of the players own aircraft whilst it is on the ground. This is very simple to enable and will not detract from the campaign at all. On the contrary I believe it will be a great benefit to the campaign. Summing up the pros and cons of enabling this setting looks like this

PROS
- Pilots can visually check they have ordnance before takeoff
- Pilots can determine their position on the airfield
- Pilots can determine if another runway is better orientated into wind
- Pilots can see just how much runway is in front of them for takeoff.
- It can reduce take-off accidents and collisions (whilst these may be historical they are not nice and we should aim to eliminate them to further everyones enjoyment of the missions)

CONS
- none!

Using the setting that prevents all external views apart from the players own aircraft whilst on the ground will add to everyones enjoyment of the campaign, I cannot think of any way that it will detract from the campaign. Remember this external view automatically turns off and back into the cockpit as soon as our aircraft take-off.

I would really like it if we enable this setting.

I am absolutely opposed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The external views are to be removed.
In a Dog Fight can help too! Especially if you lose Tally! I find this absurd request! It responds simulation and common sense. I hope prorio not pass this request .. In the words of my colleague Enkas, the exterior views are NOBS and SEOW is the ultimate expression of the simulation .. As you can see contrasts greatly, do not you think?! !? !? !?
Sorry for my language is not perfect, I'm using google translator ..

sS!
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:28 am

AMVI_RugerOne. You obviously do not understand what we are talking about, perhaps this is because English is not your first language. Can someone who speaks fluent english and italian please explain the external view option that we are talking about.

The external view will only work for our players to view their own machine and ONLY whilst they are on the ground. We cannot use external views when we have taken off.

Return to “Crete May 1941 Briefing Room”