Campaign update!

General meeting area for all participants in the Crete May 1941 campaign. SEOW HQ standards of behaviour and courtesy apply.
102nd-YU-devill

Campaign update!

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 am

Hi all,

at this time we are finalizing the MP settings and organization of squadrons.

On the technical side everything is ok, we are sorting out some minor bugs observed during the test (runway spawn, lights, etc.), but most of the work is going to be to go over to a new DB.

I can happily announce that we will be using the newest SEOW edition (not yet public) for our campaign:

SEDCS 3.3.10-dev
SEOW Mission Planner v4.827

So, we will have some nice new features inside as well as tech support from The Man himself! :)

To conclude: the campaign will start next week; either on Monday 1/10 or on Thursday 4/10. We will decide on that by the end of this week and announce the final date.

Cheers all!
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Devill as you know the allied planning team is very small, and my free time for planning is even smaller :)

I appreciate that everyone wants this campaign running as soon as is possible but as we already discussed I have literally no free time at all over the weekends for planning. Therefore if we are to start on monday I will need the MP ready for planning by friday morning at the very latest, thursday night will be better. Sorry to be demanding but that is the reality of the situation.
Molti nemici molto onore!

=69.GIAP=KOSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=KOSHKA » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:17 am

Classic

I think WPO Jones has offered help with planning, I can also help with some planning if you're struggling with weekends.

Just drop us pm or something if this would be help to you at all.

S!
"It only takes about two years of full time effort to make a pilot into a fighter pilot."
=69.GIAP=CONAN
WPO_Jones

Post by WPO_Jones » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:53 pm

=69.GIAP=KOSHKA wrote:Classic

I think WPO Jones has offered help with planning, I can also help with some planning if you're struggling with weekends.

Just drop us pm or something if this would be help to you at all.

S!
Yes, I am still available to help with the planning tasks. I would envision a hierarchy where Classic is at the top of the chain making (and taking responsibility for) decisions, and then tasks are farmed out to a small group of others who would be accountable to implement them.
"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war" - William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:00 am

Hi all,

First I would appreciate no comments and replies to this thread, I'd like to keep it for information purposes only.

The campaign updates:

1. External views on the ground will be left OFF. There is no consensus to use them, so we will not change the way we play the campaigns. If this however causes problems, do not expect mission restarts due to take off collisions. You are all responsible for safe ground ops.

2. No ships which collide with another ship or ground will be re-floated, except if they are a part of the task force, and that they collided with another ship in a task force, for whatever reason. The same principle is used as in the above argument: you (planners) are responsible for correct plotting just as pilots are responsible for taxiing. So, no breaks for anyone.

3. Various changes have been made in the object_specifications table, so if the planners have any questions or spot something missing or surplus they can ask me on PM, Email, or here through the forum.

4. Campaign will begin THURSDAY 4/10. I urge the squadrons who registered for Thursday night to prepare. Mission start 21h30 CET.

Other stuff (also important):

- In the future please remember that we are GUESTS here on this forum, courtesy of 4Shades. The natives of this forum practice some STRANGE behavior which in our language is best described with some archaic, pre-internet words like: polite, civilized, moderate, tolerant. I know this will be hard for some to abide by, but I will not allow any more aggressive discussions and forceful and opinionated posts. Please abstain from using CAPS or COLORS or BIG FONTS to express your most appreciated thoughts, and try to relay them to others with a dose of calmness and humility.

Bottom line is: moderators and commanders will be responsible to keep the troops in check. If you are bothered by something (and you will surely be) discuss it with your colleagues in your side's briefing room, before you post any complaints in the common room.

The admin will not respond anymore to any complaints unless they are coming from a designated representative of each side. I will re-iterate them here:

ALLIES
moderator: Cmirko
commander Classic

AXIS
moderator: Gross
commander: Cipson

Best regards,

Admin
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:31 am

Hi all,

CAMPAIGN RULES ADDITION

The Allies have several jeep-type objects which are representing the historical personae of commanders of major Allied unit formations present on Crete at the time of the invasion. These objects are not human drivable, but they have morale +1.

The added campaign objective is the following: each commander's jeep that survives the battle and is evacuated to Egypt adds +1% to the Allied primary objective of saving >50% of their infantry. So, if the Allies save (for example) 35% of their infantry and 1 commander's jeep it will be counted as 36% total.

If they are killed, it doesn't take away from the Allied goal, but if they are saved they act as a bonus.

These jeeps may ONLY be evacuated by Sunderland flying boats, and ONLY during the LAST 4 missions of the campaign. For this purpose and during this period, it will be allowed for the allies to land their Sunderlands anywhere on the map, and not only at seaplane bases, but only in order to pick up these units from the coast.

Otherwise seaplanes MUST finish their missions by landing at seaplane bases.
Cipson

Post by Cipson » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:27 am

Ah ah ah :lol:

A great coup de théâtre made by our tireless Game Master Vladimir "Devill".

Many Tks Vlad for making every effort to allow us to play an interesting Campaign.

Therefore Axis Hunters you have another great Target:
Lieutenant General Sir Freyberg.
We put a rich bounty on his head. Who will have the honour to win it?

"Danke & Gott strafe England"

Cipson
ITALIAN WINGS. L'UNIONE FA LA FORZA! www.italianwing.it
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:39 am

Hi boys,

just to make sure we all respect the timetables:

MISSION TIME: 2h

MISSION START:
22h00 CET MONDAY
21H30 CET THURSDAY

PLANNING FINISHED:
4 HOURS BEFORE MISSION START

Cheers!
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 am

Vladimir,
you may want to say something about Gunner Slots once we get the primary slots full. I'm talking about net stability and playability.
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
102nd_HR_cmirko

Post by 102nd_HR_cmirko » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:46 pm

we've had perfect test results with 86 players, I think we could accommodate some gunners but not much more than 10 or so ?
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:32 am

Campaign rules update:

1. Skip bombing
No skip bombing against ships is allowed for any plane type.
Admin will review the tracks to prevent any abuse.
In case of abuse the ships destroyed in such a way will be resurrected and the naval rate of fire will be increased.

2. Personal Stats
No pilot statistics will be manually edited. Shades, Maraz and others are working hard to resolve the problems of the mission analysis and the transferring mission bug, and we should not have more problems like last time if the players abide by the campaign mod requirements.

3. MODS
I will re-iterate them here:
HSFX needs to be updated to the current version (6.0.15)
JSGME MODS ALLOWED:
HSFX History mod
EXPERT mod

No other mods are allowed and if you use them you will be responsible for mission bugs.

4. Player squadrons filter
Force commanders, please make sure that all of your pilots have standardized squadron names in their IL2 nicknames. Send me the complete squadron name list and make sure that the players change their nicknames accordingly. In case of no squadron name in the pilot callsign, the pilot MUST insert R_ or B_ in front of his callsign WITHOUT adding any invisible characters such as SPACE or TAB.

Cheers!
242Sqn_Chap

Post by 242Sqn_Chap » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 pm

RUN the AUTO-UPDATER. (Sunday 07th October 18.40 GMT +)

This will update your Installation to 6.0.16 and you will now see this in the loading screen.

Included in this is a new JSGME option :-

SEOW Transferring Mission Fix

So

JSGME Options:-

HSFX History mod
EXPERT mode
+SEOW Transferring Mission Fix

Are Essential

Optional:-

EFFECTS Low
SOUNDS default
Hakenkruze enabler
Nightbombsites
Perfect map textures (although it will not effect Crete in any way at all)

Could all also be used safely if people so choose as they have no effect upon compatability in any way. Some of these do help those with lower end computers.

Tiger Sounds:- Certainly not recommended although it is compatible. Uses more RAM and is quite a lot more demanding so its really not recommended for something liek this. Externals are off anyway.

'if' you have any kind of Mods folder. Disable it temporarily by putting a
-Mods infront of it.
102nd_HR_cmirko

Post by 102nd_HR_cmirko » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 am

one more thing with regard to the second mission:

please check your network speed in il2 settings either in game when you hit fly (set ISDN or LAN) or before mission change the line in conf.ini

[NET]
speed=10000

Cheers!
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:16 am

Hi all,

Here is the timetable for the campaign missions updated.

We have the time to extend the campaign for at least 4 (yellow) and possibly 6 (+2 in red) missions if we want to, before Xmas holidays.
I think it would be good to do that, if everyone is having fun flying these missions.

The ground war is starting to develop, so I think both sides will benefit from an extension, since it will give room for new campaign events and more varied missions for pilots.

On another note: please update your HSFX installation to current (6.0.17) so we all have the same game. Don't forget to enable the usual mods after the update is performed.

HSFX 6.0.17

JSGME Options:-

HSFX History mod
EXPERT mode
+SEOW Transferring Mission Fix

Cheers!
102nd_HR_cmirko

Post by 102nd_HR_cmirko » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:29 am

Hi all,

102nd_COOP_ded is offline at the moment, we've had a VGA card failure so todays and probably Thursdays mission will be played on ITA-SEOW server.

Return to “Crete May 1941 Briefing Room”