Campaign goals

General meeting area for all participants in the Crete May 1941 campaign. SEOW HQ standards of behaviour and courtesy apply.
102nd-YU-devill

Campaign goals

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 am

Hi all,

I'd like to clarify a bit the campaign goals. Nothing is changed in essence, I just included two more cases that were implied only in the campaign briefing into the victory conditions table. This I hope will clarify a bit the possible outcomes and remind all of what are all the possible roads each side can take to ensure the best possible outcome.

The table below is an extended one from the brief and includes a "Prestige victory" condition for a side that obtains a primary goal and a tertiary goal.

The field color indicates which side has obtained the goal. If it is Blue it means the goal on the left is fulfilled and the goal of the opposite side is lost.
The number within the field only reminds you of the priority of the goal in question since not all goals are equally weighted.

Example 1: a "Minor Axis Victory" means the Axis has obtained their 1. and 2. goals, while the Allies have obtained their 1. goal at the same time. Since Axis has more goals in sequence but the Allies obtained a very important goal, it equates to a minor axis victory.

Example 2. a "Prestige Allied Victory" means that the Allies have obtained their 1. goal, failed at their 2. but have also denied the Axis their 1. goal. It is prestige because in the quasi-historical context the 3. goal is not tenable; it is a momentary success but without long term importance on the war. (without the RN any allied forces on Crete would not be able to resist for long)

Hope this makes it clearer and not more confusing. :)

Cheers!
=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:26 am

Hello Devill!
I have just one question. Is it possible to have situation where blue destroy 50%+ crete forces (guns,tanks,coulomns,infantry) and in the same time reds save 50%+ of infantry?
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:42 am

No Thor, only infantry is in question here, ie. you dont need to destroy any guns, arty etc. (only infantry can be evacuated by the allies)

Return to “Crete May 1941 Briefing Room”