Some bug fixes and info

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Some bug fixes and info

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:44 am

1. Missing Briefings
Scannon rightly pointed out the missing Local Orders for many unoccupied slots, so when you TeamSwitch into those slots you cannot read local orders any more.

I think this is now fixed. I had to write a little script to re-load the briefings every time someone switches to a previously unoccupied slot. We will test this during our missions this weekend.

2. Towing artillery
AT guns (PaK40 and Zis-3) plus the 61K flak gun can be towed in missions. I tested this and it works already in SEOW. To tow a crewed gun, do the following:
(a) Back a truck or a half-track up to within a metre or two of the rear of the gun. The gun crew can also "push" to re-position the gun.
(b) Get the gun crew to disembark. You cannot tow a manned gun.
(c) The gun crew and/or the vehicle driver can use the command menu (mousewheel) to select "hitch". The gun hitches with a neat animation.
(d) Order the gun crew to get into the vehicle.
(e) Order the vehicle to drive to the next gun deployment location. The gun appears as a towed object behind the vehicle.
(f) When ready, the driver can "unhitch".
(g) Order the gun crew to disembark the vehicle and man the gun again. Get the vehicle out of harm's way. Ready for action!

Notes: Tanks and jeeps/kubelwagens cannot tow anything. Guns must have wheels to be towable. Mortars and MGs are not towable.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Some bug fixes and info

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:56 pm

Badger and Scannon noted some problems with plotting movement orders for units located in the DMZ, moving to outside the DMZ. I found a javascript caste bug in the MP which gave intermittent errors. I have fixed this bug so now commanders should receive more consistent feedback from the MP when plotting exit moves for DMZ units.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
JG26_Badger

Post by JG26_Badger » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:54 am

Thanks 4Shades I will certainly test during this weeks planning. The other issue was the resupply state in both the DMZ and Metamap areas in the Iron Front missions. From your explanation the other day it seems that can be resolved with some coding work. But I was just curious do you feel that proximity reconnaissance is working correctly in the Iron Front map areas? What would be the best method to check to see if this is functioning correctly and consistently in both Iron Front missions and IL2 world. If we determine that proximity recon is working correctly maybe you can use the similar code to provide supply to units in the supply radius. Just a thought.

Again thanks for working on the DMZ area movement issue. We certainly appreciate all your work with the Meta SEOW functions which are making the SEOW campaign experience awesome.

S~
JG26_Badger
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:24 pm

MP seems to be back up. I did nothing different.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:23 pm

9-8-41 Established wireless from new Armee HQ at Oshkosh

See Sketch Map 1

http://digital-vector-maps.com/cities-m ... trator.htm
"I've never won a SEOW campaign."
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:41 am