Revised objectives times for Korosten

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Revised objectives times for Korosten

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:18 am

OK, I am finally getting my act together and revising the Korosten campaign objectives to take into account the move from 60 minute missions (original plan) to 30 minute missions (in effect now).

This means that durations for different objectives need to be doubled. Here are the new objectives (see note below).
Axis Objectives:
* Hold Korosten Train Station with at least 8 platoons until 1900 hours on 28 December 1943
* Hold Volodarsk-Volinskiy with at least 8 platoons until 5 am on 29 December 1943
* Maintain German forces with at least 50% of its initial capital strength (measured in points) until 4 am 30 December 1943
* Keep at least 2/3 of German generals alive until 4 am 30 December 1943

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allied Objectives:
* Capture and hold Korosten' Train Station before 1900 hours on 28 December 1943
* Capture and hold Volodarsk-Volinskiy before 5 am on 29 December 1943
* Reduce German forces to less than 50% of its initial capital strength before 4 am on 30 December 1943, whilst maintaining 70% of initial FUF capital strength
* Keep all Soviet generals alive until 4 am 30 December 1943
NOTE
This really shouldn't be a surprise for people, but I do apologize for taking so long to correct this. As always at HQ, no-one really cares who wins or loses. However applying objectives is one way of enforcing context in the campaign. These objectives are designed to ensure that Axis forces are in strategic withdrawal mode, avoiding the "fight to the last man" syndrome that is so common in gaming. We will see how successful we are in that. I guess we have already seen a tendency on both sides to set up pyrrhic confrontations!

As always, comments from commanders are welcome.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”