Possible new feature discussion: Move to Transport

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
LW/JG10_Armwaar

Possible new feature discussion: Move to Transport

Post by LW/JG10_Armwaar » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi there,

I was thinking about the 800m distance for resupply and moving units around. Rather than rely on more and more maps, what if ground units could be given special waypoint instructions, similar to aircraft?

We can already select specific X,Y coordinates, which is useful, but it is still a manual computation or eyeball to check to see if you are in the supply point range.

Rather than using the mouse to select coordinates, or putting in a X,Y from the keyboard, could we create a ground waypoint type like:

MOVE TO TRANSPORT or MOVE TO SUPPLY - specify it in the same way as an aircraft waypoint, except..it takes the last waypoint, and brings up a list of nearby freight units to pick from. Then, pick the desired unit, and the final waypoint is computed to be something like Supply Range Divided by 2 (or whatever).

I see several benefits.
- Possibility of setting supply ranges even lower
- Possibility of extending this to other unit types with commands like SUPPORT FRIENDLY - send something like a flak unit or tank to within X meters of chosen friendly
RESUPPLY - works the reverse of above, sending a loaded transport to a nearby unit that needs fuel

It could be troublesome if the unit is near a lot of other objects, but I think you could specify the MOVE TO range, e.g., 50 meters, 100 meters.

What do you think?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:21 am

Nice idea. Not too difficult to do either. Maybe 4-6 hours work.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”