Minor Freight Oddities/Bugs

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
LW/JG10_Armwaar

Minor Freight Oddities/Bugs

Post by LW/JG10_Armwaar » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:14 pm

During the strategic redeployment last mission, I noticed a few odd things with freight commands.

1) I was unloading supplies, and it typically prepopulates the dialog box with the max fuel in the transport, e.g., if it has 498L, it says 498L and you can quickly click ok. I did this a few times before I realized it seemed to be picking some number less than max fuel in the transport. Not sure where it was getting the number from. I manually put in the number and it worked as expected.

2) There doesn't appear to be an unload bearing for NNW, (337.5 degrees). The highest value is NW (315 degrees). Workaround is to just change location after the unit is unloaded.

3) I ended up unloading a totally destroyed unit. Many of the transports were under attack and some lost units, but I saw an 8cm mortar unit with strength of 0. I was able to unload it, and it was unloaded as a destroyed unit on the map. No big deal, just wondering if this was expected.
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:57 am

So basically you just dumped the dead body out of the transport and left him there?
"I've never won a SEOW campaign."
LW/JG10_Luny

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:21 am

And reported to his commander so the map is properly updated for other commanders good planning
The good thing is that you'll not be punished to the Eastern Front as you're already in :lol:

I personally haven't unloaded any destroyed unit but have seen destroyed units beeing reported as transported, like captain Sergei Fedorov, who was killed inside the lead truck of a supply column and he is still reported as "in the vehicle" but without weight value. I guess i can unload it and will show as "KIA".
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:43 am

Actually, maybe having the ability to transport the dead could be seen as a feature?
II/JG77Hawk 5
SEOW fanboy of dubious repute
Petr

Post by Petr » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:46 am

Now we just need to be able to burry them :D
LW/JG10_Armwaar

Post by LW/JG10_Armwaar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:47 pm

II/JG3K.Brändle wrote:So basically you just dumped the dead body out of the transport and left him there?
No, I dumped an entire dead mortar crew out of the transport and left them there.
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:45 pm

II/JG77Hawk_5 wrote:Actually, maybe having the ability to transport the dead could be seen as a feature?

Could be used as a morale factor, leaving those dead (destroyed units ) reduces nearby units morale therefore freighting them away (transport & burial) stops that.
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”