Poll: The next scenario!!!

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.

What scenario should be run next?

Zhitomir Assault (combined with residual Korosten OOB)
60%
Fastov-Belaia Tserkov Operation
20%
Something else?
20%

Total votes: 10
IV/JG7_4Shades

Poll: The next scenario!!!

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi everyone,

Discussions have commenced regarding the next scenario we will run in the KZBK campaigns.

We are now at midnight on 29 December 1943. Korosten has fallen and the PzAOK4 forces are making a retreat south towards Volodarsk-Volinskiy while the Soviets consolidate and regroup at Korosten.

Where next? Here is a picture of the PzAOK4 vs FUF front line on the evening of 29 December 1943 (source: Stephen Barratt's "Zhitomir-Berdichev"):

Zhitomir is being encircled, Berdichev/Kazatin have almost fallen and Belaia Tserkov is the Soviet target further east.

The two most attractive options are:
  • Zhitomir Assault, retaining Korosten OOB to the north
    Fastov-Belaia Tserkov operation, as a scenario on its own
Here is a detailed look at the Zhitomir situation:

So lets run a poll:
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
LW/JG10_Armwaar

Post by LW/JG10_Armwaar » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:28 pm

At this point I feel most interested in a continuation of the Korosten action, with the addition of more units for the Zhitomir assault/defense.

I don't have a sense of how many additional of exactly divisions are involved in the other scenarios, but I would be interested to incorporate the need to resupply the Korosten (or Korosten/Zhitomir) sector as part of the challenge.

For example, as Blue, I need to get supplies and units in from the west and south of the map to counter the Red build up against Zhitomir. As red, I would need to get supplies and units in from North and West (Kiev?) to successfully take Zhitomir and hold Korosten.

I could see a scenario where we take the supplies left on the map in Korosten, and add the off map supplies to an onmap depot(s) and then establish a supply production rate of some kind that becomes an element of the new scenario.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:00 am

Alright, the poll is closed now with 10 votes, 60% for Zhitomir, 20% for Fastov-Belaya Tserkov, and 20% for unspecified "something else".

Next scenario: Zhitomir, 30 December 1943
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”