Zhitomir: Arrangements and To-Do List

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Zhitomir: Arrangements and To-Do List

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:15 am

Here are some ideas and tasks for the Zhitomir scenario:

*) It is midnight on 29 December 1943. Korosten has fallen and Zhitomir is cut off from Berdichev to the south. Both sides draw their breaths through the chill, frozen night, and re-organize for the nearing dawn.

*) Each mission will be 1 hour in duration, for both IL-2 missions and for IF missions.

*) The first mission will commence at 0500 hours, 30 December 1943. Near Zhitomir, both sides should use this mission to re-organize their forces after the initial map placement. Korosten remnants are already engaged.

*) Axis forces have use of a new airbase, at Vinnitsa NW. Air OOBs are unchanged from Korosten.

*) No more than 7 IF maps will be defined and visible in the MP. Of these 7 maps, no more than 2 will be active for any mission, i.e. no more than 2 IF missions will be generated in each campaign hour. Choice of active maps will be made by consensus of red and blue commanders, or chosen at random if deadlocked.

*) Suggested IF map areas are: Ushomir, Volodarsk-Volynskiy, Studenitsa, Zhitomir, plus three others chosen as the conflict evolves.

*) Missions will be hosted each weekend at a suitable time, to be decided.

*) Commanders must remember to write local orders for each IF map. Local orders can be updated for each map using the MP at any time between missions.

*) Commanders will be allocated to sides and delegated units shortly. Negotiable delegation mode will be used, as was the case with Korosten.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Zhitomir: Arrangements and To-Do List

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:19 am

The campaign database is now live at SEOW HQ (Kiev_AP sector). I will PM people with their logins.

I am proposing that the first round of missions (1 HSFX + 2 IF) will be run on Saturday evening 2 January (8.30 pm, Perth time, UTC+8). That should be just after lunch in western Europe, and first thing in the morning USA time.

I will host all missions.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:56 am

Just a reminder that, from the earlier Korosten rule set:

*) No air attacks on airbases - I did not design airbase flak defense into the OOB.
*) No wheeled or tracked vehicle movement through forests - only infantry on foot (squads, MGs, mortars) can move through forests

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
Tanker

Post by Tanker » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:53 am

Hi Shades,

It appears that one of my wheeled HQ units, Gen Lt. Koch, Sich. Regmt 375, is already positioned in a forest at AB 13 (coord 17800, 139300). Unless he can be repositioned I intend to drive him out of the woods and then abide by the woods rule thereafter.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:08 pm

Thanks Tanker. Click on Koch, right click on map, select "Change Location, Bearing of Unit" and enter new coordinates for him. Because he is a command unit you can re-position him by up to 800 m in any direction, if that helps. Otherwise, just drive him out, as you say.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:07 am

Check mission seems to build and run ok, but it is heavy so it takes a while to load.

312 Chiefs
1429 Statics
57 Rockets
1261 Buildings/Scenery
6 Cameras
1314 Frontline markers

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
JG26_Badger

Post by JG26_Badger » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:06 pm

The current/proposed starting time is at 6:30am on Saturday morning for me locally because I am in the central us time zone. The Korsten campaign started at 7:30 am local time for me, I remember because I did not get off work until 7:00am on Saturday mornings and was able to make the start most times by speeding home. share this time zone with I think Greykitten because he is in Mexico. However maybe he can post his time zone or he may be able to make the 6:30am start time for him I do not know I think currently he is in Europe for the holidays. The current time start eliminates any participants from the Pacific Time zone will be at 4:30am so I do not know if you will get any of them to participate.

I certainly appreciate the time that the host is using for the mission and understand the time zone differences around the world. I will not be able to participate personally if the start time is 6:30 am on Saturday mornings, however I can make 7:30am start Since all of the other American time zone participants are located on eastern time zone and are currently blue maybe you can reassign members to the red team to balance your teams.

S!
Badger
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:45 pm

OK, thanks Badger, it wasn't my intention to choose a time that rules people out. I don't think we have any Pacific time participants, or do we?

I can start an hour later, 2130 hours UTC+8, but that reduces the amount of time I can host. Hosting two missions in a row (IL-2 + IF) starting at 2130 makes it at least midnight before it is all over for me, with no hitches along the way. If we ever wanted to do, say, an IL-2 mission plus 2 IF missions, it wouldn't be feasible at all for me in a single hosting session.

A different option would be to run the IL-2 mission on Saturday night (my time) and any IF missions on Sunday morning (my time). I think Armwaar would be ok with this, not sure about the others (it doesn't matter to Kopfdorfer).

Another option would be for people to share the hosting duties.

So how do people feel about starting at 2130 hours UTC+8 on Saturdays ? If I don't see any objections in this thread, then I will assume agreement from all parties.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
Tanker

Post by Tanker » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:55 am

2130 Perth time works better for me. The split between Sat and Sun option works well also.
JG26_Badger

Post by JG26_Badger » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:44 am

I think the split option is an excellent idea and with the IL2 mission run on Saturday night at 2130 Perth time, and the IF missions run at your Sunday morning. That way you can get to bed at a reasonable time Saturday night after hosting the IL2 mission. What time would be best for you to host the IF missions on your Sunday Morning? Remembering your Sunday morning is our Saturday night in the United States. This option is a great idea and I would vote for that.

Also as you know I have an SEOW mission planner and the DCS set up on a local machine, if it there ever is an need to create a IL2 mission and analyze I can host an IL2 mission locally, analyze and upload to HQ. I would be happy to offer that service if you need ever need that option.

S~
JG26_Badger

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”