Zhitomir Scenario: Meta Map Downloads

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Zhitomir Scenario: Meta Map Downloads

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:15 am

Hi everyone,

In order to take part in hosted Iron Front missions, you will need to download and install the relevant meta-SEOW maps. Here are the download links:
These files are simple zip files. You need to unzip each one. Inside you will find .pbo files, which are the encoded and compressed native map files in Arma2/Iron Front format.

You need to place the .pbo files inside a special mod folder you need to create in your IFA2 modded installation (IFA2 installation instructions here). The special mod folder should be called "@SEOW/AddOns". Put your .pbo files inside the special mod folder.

For example, I have a Steam installation of ArmA2 Combined Operations and of Iron Front. Once the IFA2 mod is installed, the IFA2 game is "Arma2 Operation Arrowhead". This is where my SEOW mod needed to be set up. On my system the full path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@SEOW\AddOns

The .pbo files go in here. In game, you need to enable your "@SEOW" expansion. Then the new maps should be visible in IFA2 (check your single player mission editor).

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Zhitomir Scenario: Meta Map Downloads

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:51 am

In an attempt to isolate the client CTDs we are experiencing for Zhitomir missions, I have disabled the 10km map and have defined a new 5 km map for Zhitomir (download link above).

If we still get CTDs, then it is likely that the buildings in the city areas are causing the problems.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:28 am

OK, based on last week's findings, it seems that we still got CTDs in West Zhitomir where the industrial buildings are. So we will now shift attention to East Zhitomir which has standard urban buildings. A new map is now available for download for use in the 1700 hours mission (see first post above).
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:07 pm

New map for Volodarsk-Volynskiy, "VVTown" (5km) listed above. Trialing this for the 0400 hours mission.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”