Zhitomir 0900 Stats are up

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Zhitomir 0900 Stats are up

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:42 am

Apologies for the delay - operator error! My operator error was about a partial software debug mode that I had not reversed when building/analysing.

Tanker observed that some infantry units seemed to be missing in the IF mission. That seemed to reflect an apparent missing Soviet infantry squad too.

So I had a look at the missing squads, and found the following:

*) The IF stats from 0800 did not update the status of infantry units correctly in the MP. Two German PzGren squads were eliminated in 0800 but were still visible on the MP (they shouldn't have been). One Soviet rifle squad was eliminated in 0800 but was still visible on the MP (it should not have been). These units are now corrected in the MP for the 1000 mission.
*) My operator error did confuse things a little and caused *some* infantry squads not to appear, but not many. I have written new code to avoid this operator error happening again.
*) I have built the next mission as a test and things appear to be ok again.

Actions:
1/ I need to ensure that infantry losses in the IF world are correctly applied into the IL2 world.
2/ There is still an infrequent bug in IF analyzer that I need to track down regarding zero-length arrays.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
LW/JG10_Luny

Re: Zhitomir 0900 Stats are up

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks, 4S, for the hard work.
Tanker

Post by Tanker » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:00 pm

Yes thanks Shades.
Is there any information concerning having supply showing for tanks in the MP but having zero fuel in the tank on the IFL map?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:24 pm

Oh yes, on the fuel matter: I think my operator error caused that too. In-game fuel and ammo settings are calculated by the current supply of the unit divided by the unit supply capacity, a simple ratio. The three Axis tanks in the last mission should have had both ammo and fuel set to 0.28, 0.31 and 0.99. Because of the operator bug, the values were set to 0, 0, and 0.9.

I just tested IF behaviour for low fuel and ammo values, and tanks can move and fire right up until their stores run out (which state equates to a value of 0).

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”