Campaign sign-up/status?

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
Techcuron

Campaign sign-up/status?

Post by Techcuron » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:03 pm

I was informed of this meta-SEOW in late 2015, is it still active?

Also, where do I find the page with the relevant information on needed mods and times of these events. I try to look through all the threads but its a mess, many threads from 2014 and somethings spread out separately.
greykitten

Re: Campaign sign-up/status?

Post by greykitten » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Welcome, 4Shades is probably sleeping now, so here is a quick summary:

When: this is a rough estimation, we start a bit after, when everyone is done planning.
Saturday @14h CET for il-2 seow part,
Sunday @1am CET for the iron front part (it is hard to get a good time for both australia, america's and europa time... and until now there wasn't any european)
Post with times :viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3288

We have a pretty low number of flights, this is mainly a ground war.
there is a mod for il-2, which i can't find right now. it is a small one,
We play with hsfx 7.03 + expert +zhitomir mod -> look in the TS for this.

Post here if you want to take part in the planning (not mandatory)
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3286&start=0

Check second post for indications on how to install and configure iron front for seow:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3287

Post with meta maps for iron front:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3291

You can just drop on the TS when there are people for more info etc...

See you soon.

PS: we already played the il-2 part today and you might be short on time to install the iron front parts and mods without even mentioning the time issue.
"Il n'est pas besoin d’espérer pour entreprendre, ni de réussir pour persévérer" Guillaume d'Orange
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Welcome Techcuron, and thanks Greykitten.

For IL2/HSFX missions you will need the Zhitomir_Modv1.3, which is downloadable from the Lobby filebrowser in SEOW HQ Teamspeak server. You will also need HSFX, Expert and Zhitomir mods enabled in JSGME. Perfect textures and Hakenkreuz are optional, but NOTHING else.

The Iron Front stuff requires more configuration, as Greykitten said. Drop by TS and we can chat about this.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
Techcuron

Post by Techcuron » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:43 pm

Sturmovik 1946 part is taken care of. For the Arma 2 OA part it seems that this process is a similar one to the Arma 3 conversion/mod I had done previously for other things.

Greykittens manual instructions are well written, I have attempted this manually with Arma 3. However, I run into a problem that the converter (changes the game into @addons) where it refuses to recognize my game as legitimate copy(it is steam bought, I have tried solutions but nothing works), therefore prevents me from using the converter.

I will resolve to using the notorious PlayWithSix program to do all this for me, as it worked with Arma 3. But the a group I played Arma 3 "Iron Front Liberation 1944" with cut through all this hassle by making a .rar file with all the addons inside and uploading it to Mega. Would be much simpler if everything was in one place :wink:

Arma 3 with Iron Front is very pleasing graphically, but it has its bugs and is not optimized well enough. Would be nice to use that, but then again not everyone has Arma 3/can run it, and the bugs are high in it.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:33 pm

I think Charlie has a complete folder copy for IFA2. I'll see if I can find the URL.

Yes, IFA3 looks better, but doesn't play better (yet).
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
Techcuron

Post by Techcuron » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:51 pm

PlaywithSix took seems to not recognize Combined Operations and the mod browser therefore will not direct me to the IF converter + collection, only Arma 2 mods. The maximum download speed of 60 kB/s does not help either. Only more problems arise and solutions dwindle, damn the PlaywithSix program.

It will take me a few days to at least get these files at this rate, and then finally see if they are the right ones. Doing the manual installation that the instructions say works fine up until the converter program. I have tried reinstalling it and Iron Front as well as clearing registration keys to get it to recognize my Iron Front as legitimate, but to no avail. It is the same issue with Arma 3 converter. At least I had an alternative with Arma 3.

Would help a lot if I could get the complete folder copy of IFA2.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:59 pm

I think PW6 support for IFA2 is broken.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
LW/JG10_Armwaar

Post by LW/JG10_Armwaar » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:03 pm

I think you are right. I did it manually. Got it working just fine, eventually.

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”