The Dreaded DMZ

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
IV/JG7_4Shades

The Dreaded DMZ

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:55 am

Kopfdorfer's excellent bug report after the last mission has prompted me to add some more code to the MP to assist commanders move units from the DMZ into the IL2 world. This bug patch is now at the HQ MP.

Basically the DMZ is now surrounded by an invisible zone 1.25 km wide. When plotting a unit in the DMZ to move into the IL2 world, commanders must not go beyond this invisible "near DMZ" area. If you click a waypoint too far out, the MP will alert you and reject the waypoint.

The whole point of this is to stop commanders "ghosting" units from the metamap/DMZ far away into the IL2 world (or from way out in the IL2 world into the metamap) with one movement order. In the Zhitomir campaign, some tanks can move 30 km in an hour in the IL2 world, which may not be realistic in an Iron Front battlefield. So I am attempting to make the transition zone between Iron Front and IL2 a zone where more orderly movement takes place.

Thanks for your patience as we test and refine these meta-campaign models.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG3K.Brandle

Re: The Dreaded DMZ

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:48 pm

"I've never won a SEOW campaign."

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”