loading to 90% then doom

General meeting area for all participants in the PQ16 Barents Sea May 1942 campaign run by ITA-SEOW. SEOW HQ standards of behaviour and courtesy apply.
=69.GIAP=KOSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=KOSHKA » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:46 am

That really sux.

Issue could be somewhere else, but still most likely it is installation of your game.

You live in UK, I can easly send you my copy of game patched and all that or if you have good broadband link I can upload it on our server and send you link.

S!
"It only takes about two years of full time effort to make a pilot into a fighter pilot."
=69.GIAP=CONAN
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:14 pm

try this:

1. REMOVE ALL MODS in jsgme (nothing in right column)

2. Open your game folder and rename the folder ... /Files to ... /FilesOLD then replace with this one:
http://www.derrierloisirs.fr/il2/HSFX60/Files.zip (to unzipped in your game folder)

3. Reactivate HistoryHSFX in your jsgme and try again.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi Subg,

Assuming you have got your checksums correct on all downloaded HSFX files etc, I am beginning to think you may have a RAM or disk error, i.e. a system error that becomes apparent as you load the game.

Out of interest, are all other games working perfectly on your rig?

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
22GCT_Gross

Re: Q16

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 am

LW/JG10_subg wrote:OK, didn't make last night as I simply am having no joy with the History Mod.
I used a 4.10 game back up.
At each stage I tested game
Updated successfully to 4.11m with hotfix and all that.
When tested it runs fine (via DVD) and all seems well.
Installed the 6.0 HSFX and then went to test it and as soon as I send HSFX History Mod over to the right and try to launch the game it gives me egg timer for a few secs and then nothing.
If I move the stock 4.11 over to the right game will launch fine however so it seems to be a problem with the History Mod only.

I then reinstalled from a good 4.10, right through to autoupdater never putting any mods over to the right etc and same issue occured - no launch?

I have tried 2 different downloads of HSFX6 but maybe some files are corrupt although I get successful installs according to the general info?

And now my game that has so far been OK (apart from on PQ16) has started to stop in the late 80%s at Hyperlobby on "War over Europe" but currently works on "Spits v 109s" - so maybe it is a PC issue? or some kind of bug or root IL2 issue. I have been loading into SEOWS and Hyperlobby with no issues for 12 years now - weird and frustrating.
I have sent you the following PM some days ago:
Hello
the best thing to do is to let me take a look at your pc.
If you agree, you should:
- install a version 7 of Teamviewer
http://www.teamviewer.com/download/vers ... _Setup.exe
- send me your TV ID and password so I can connect to you (gross@22gct.it)
- tell me when I can take a look (this evening? at?);
- leave your pc on;

By teamviewer I can compare my installation with the one from yours and easily fix errors. Alternatively I can download the installation I have on the server.

Diego
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
102nd-YU-Shtele

Re: Q16

Post by 102nd-YU-Shtele » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:02 am

LW/JG10_subg wrote: Updated successfully to 4.11m with hotfix and all that.
You should be installing HSFX 6.0 on top 4.11.1 version of stock game.
LW/JG10_subg

Post by LW/JG10_subg » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:55 am

Thanks for all help.
What I have manged to do is use the EXE 512M dragged across to right and now I have no problems with the HSFX Hyperlobby servers - so my current game (the one I use for PQ16) is working better now. Will only be able to tell if this is fully fixed tonight however when I can test again.
- Thanks Badger

As for the new installs that have not worked yet, I will try the things suggested above
- Thanks Dore

I am always pushed for time so maybe tricky to do the teamviewer thing right now but will take you up on that offer if I cannot ge it sorted
- Thanks Gross

I may well take you up on that offer anyway - a DVD sorted would be a good thing to have this end.
- Thanks Koshka

I do not run any other games 4Shades, my rig is starting to show its age however (7 years) but I keep it simple and I have had it fixed up a little by a friend about 6 months ago. It maybe the catalyst I need to update but i will need to earn cash for a Christmas present at earliest and I would be pulling my hair out missing all the great SEOW action with you lot.

Anyway I will retry tonight, play with a few things and see what happens.
Must say what a great community we have here - MANY THANKS all of you.
Big S!
=69.GIAP=KOSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=KOSHKA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:06 am

you can test your game anytime, ITA SEOW server and 102nd SEOW server are online all the time.

I'll get everything in 1 convenient install and post it to you. PM me your address.

S!
"It only takes about two years of full time effort to make a pilot into a fighter pilot."
=69.GIAP=CONAN
LW/JG10_subg

Post by LW/JG10_subg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:36 am

Koshka, many thanks I will take you up on that offer as a good back up. will pm this week.
Luckily all went well last night and I managed to join OK - somehow my game became reset on modem - weird as I have never had that set like this but I changed after launch to ISDN or DSL - which is better???
A few freezes during game, a couple a little scary but I am assuming this is not part of "my problem" so hopefully that connection thing is solved.

Again many thanks for all the support and it was good to fly a SEOW again.
S!
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:51 pm

Set your netspeed = 10000 as for rules.
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
LW/JG10_subg

Post by LW/JG10_subg » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:42 am

will do. is that in network settings while in game or can i set it before?
150GCT_Pag

Post by 150GCT_Pag » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:31 am

You can set It before, manually editing the conf ini file, in the section [NET] :wink:

Return to “PQ16 Ward Room”