Mission launch times

General meeting area for all participants in the PQ16 Barents Sea May 1942 campaign run by ITA-SEOW. SEOW HQ standards of behaviour and courtesy apply.
LLv34_Untamo

Mission launch times

Post by LLv34_Untamo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 am

S!

To alleviate the stress on Gross and other campaign admins, I plead to everyone:
Please join the server 15min early, rather than 1min late. Less drama for everyone, mission gets to start on time and all will get to bed earlier :)

Join server, take your slots, press fly, and then have the briefing if not already done so. At least on the blue side, we regurarly have mission briefings on the forum one-two days prior to the mission, so every squad leader should already know what they are to do and slots they have in the mission when they launch the game. Squad leaders can brief their flight even in the air if need be :)

I personally won't ask to "open the door" when the mission start time has passed, even when some of our guys are still outside trying to get in. They are late, and maybe next time they will know better :)

So, let's make things go smoother by getting in on time.
IAF.ViFF

Post by IAF.ViFF » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:49 am

Agreed and observed on the part of the IAF.

I think in this particular case it was one pilot (not from my squad this time! :wink: ) that was early (they were all briefing in front of the map) but accidentally disconnected when mioving from the briefing to the arming sceen. He requested to come back in just prior to the mission start time which makes this an exception that can be tolerated, as it didn't really delay the start time of the mission. The delay incurred by restarting the mission was also agreed by all in the chat.

Common sense should allways prevail, and we do appreciate Gross for his fair administration in this respect.

S!
IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Center
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:31 am

Diego,

as I said to you on TS last night, you as the admin have the right and obligation to give the final word. If a restart or mission start time is in question, you have to give the final word and then it is our duty as the squadron responsibles to make sure that your decision will be respected and it is our duty to support this decision. So, if you want to say "no" to something, do not hesitate to do it. It is the right thing to do, and if someone doesn't like it, that's their problem. You are the admin and you have the final word and I will back you up and I expect all the other major squadron leaders will do the same.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:48 am

I appreciate your words.
I'm only worried to lose players who get bored with waiting as it's not good for future campaigns.
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:06 am

Agreed the position of the admin is not an enviable role but none the less very appreciated.

There needs to be a rule concerning restarts and by that I dont mean a "no restarts" rule as sometimes things happen that are beyond pilots and planners control ie. a spawning problem causing aircraft to explode or something in such cases a side should be allowed to request a restart but a simple restart would not fix it and the mission would need manual editing to be playable but I believe this is the only reason for a restart.
Molti nemici molto onore!

Return to “PQ16 Ward Room”