Plane sets per sector - final

A forum for design and development discussions regarding this multisector campaign.

Moderator: Petr

Petr

Plane sets per sector - final

Post by Petr » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:12 am

Hi all,

After some weeks of discussion the below are the final plane sets per sector. Thanks to Ala13_Florente for providing the template and to all for working with me to ensure the best possible balance while keeping the historical nature of the campaign for phase 1.

Some things to take into account when going over the below numbers.
1. The totals include all planes even those listed as starting in a resupply point.
2. flights will be limited by available squadron names. So while you may have planes in resupply, they will not be able to enter the map unless as top-ups or to compensate for losses. There are exceptions as, for example, for the British at Malta but these are limited.
3. Historically, Luftflotte II arrived during phase 1 with a large amount of F4's and Ju88's. As we agreed these forces have been left out. Only 1 stuka Gruppe and I./NJG 2 (Ju-88C6) which were present in Sicily in
November 1941 have been included.
4. Because of the removal of Luftflotte II in phase 1, the British have only a 1/3rd increase of fighter over historical strength. However, they start the campaign with 48x Hurri IIa/IIb/IIc in resupply.
5. The listed planes are the total amount of planes available for each side during phase 1. However, for NW Africa only each side may "request" reinforcements from their considerable off-map reserves available at any time. To do so, simply post in the relevant forum and an admin will help you. The price for 36 planes will be 5VP's deducted from your score. Details need to be discussed next meeting at 02/09.
6. Normal Hurri types IIa & IIb can be "converted" to Seahurri's at any time.
7. Fullmar's/carrier borne Swordfish will be replaced in between operations to bring the Carrier contingent back to full strength. To do so, the carrier(s) must spend at least one mission stationary in Bone harbor.

As always, let me know in case of questions, errors or issues.

Cheers,
Petr

Return to “The Scylla and Charybdis Lounge”