END OF PHASE 1

A forum for design and development discussions regarding this multisector campaign.

Moderator: Petr

Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:30 am

Well I would expect no EAF pilots for a Saturday mission but we should be able to get some pilots for a Monday mission.

I think the most important thing is that we get enough pilots for both sides to give a fair fight and a sensibly proportioned mission.

We should establish a head count as soon as possible, we cannot pay if one side fills is seats and the other side is half empty
Molti nemici molto onore!

Petr

Post by Petr » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:39 am

After talking to ITA community and Cipson yesterday I can report the following:
1. The ITA community accepts to end NW on mission 12. NE was already accepted by Count/Thor/Untamo/Jimmi.
2. Since NE is a shadow of what it is supposed to be I agree the best thing is to end it asap so the Ploesti campaign can start when ready. Monday 23/12 seems the best choice. Attendance is secondary.
3. For NW things are different as it is probably going to be one of the most exiting missions of the campaign. So I'd suggest to wait till 09/01 to run the final mission here.

All in favor?
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:46 am

I think I can probably speak on their behalf but I'm sure someone will confirm..... I believe 9th January will not work for 102nd and they are a huge component in the NW. Their christmas celebrations are on the 7th January so 9th is probably a little too close.

102nd can you advise on your holiday dates for January?

EAF have confirmed that we can field 5-6 pilots for monday which although not ideal I believe is enough from us for a fair mission, JG77 can bring 4-5 so if IAF can bring 10-12 and 102nd 8+ then the allied side will field a healthy number of pilots for the mission. How does it fit with the axis side in terms of numbers? I think its important for both sides to bring a good number as it is likely to be a hell of a fight :twisted:

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:14 am

Classic EAF19 wrote:...

EAF have confirmed that we can field 5-6 pilots for monday which although not ideal I believe is enough from us for a fair mission, JG77 can bring 4-5 so if IAF can bring 10-12 and 102nd 8+ then the allied side will field a healthy number of pilots for the mission. How does it fit with the axis side in terms of numbers? I think its important for both sides to bring a good number as it is likely to be a hell of a fight :twisted:
This is if NW mission would be played on Monday, or this is numbers of allied players for NE sector mission on Monday ?
102nd-YU-Mare

Post by 102nd-YU-Mare » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:15 am

We have some holiday at 9th January,but i will ask my Sq and lat you know numbers ASAP!
Monday is Ok to close NE.
Petr

Post by Petr » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:19 am

Classic EAF19 wrote:I think I can probably speak on their behalf but I'm sure someone will confirm..... I believe 9th January will not work for 102nd and they are a huge component in the NW. Their christmas celebrations are on the 7th January so 9th is probably a little too close.

102nd can you advise on your holiday dates for January?

I don't think the Axis are going to be able to field the numbers they would want, hence the proposal to delay till 09/01.

But, the Allied numbers would be good for NE.
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:10 am

Well lets have the axis side for the NW contribute to this thread and see where we are at. Theres time to do a head count and if the planners can plan lets get this done.

The average attendance since the shuffle of sides is

Allied = 28
Axis = 41

If we can hit those figures I think we should go because we will have to delay for some time after 09/01/14 to allow 102nd to join

IAF.ViFF

Post by IAF.ViFF » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:50 pm

From the IAF perspective we don't see that there will be any particular gains for either side in next NE mission.

We therefore suggest that the NE be declared over, hence run the NW mission on Monday and conclude the campaign altogether on Monday.

S!
IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Center
StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:27 pm

From my prspective off new "green" "rookie" guy to SEOW, on NE is loot more of victory points to be gained in last mission, for both sides, in capturing check points, sunking ships and destroying docks.

Loot more then in NW sector in last mission, where you can gain victory points only by sunking some ships and destroying docks

And as we are not able to achive all sudden death objectives for one side in one phase of campaign, VP is what is neccesary for determening win, loss or draw in campaign in final.

To me its strange how NE last mission is not so much important for campaign, maybe some of veteran guys could enlighten me

Just last mission 11 on NE on captured check points Axis gained 15VP, it could easy be oposite in mission 12 NE and Allieds could collect 15VP also just on ground, thats loot of victory points just on Check Points (for example thats like 15 cargo ships or 15 docks destroyed), and not to mention number of ships in some ports still on NE ready to be sunked :)

Oh what to attack, what to destroy, so many options on NE, its like Real Madrid coach picking what player should start the game ;)
=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:13 pm

If we can not make agreement all together, we can put it on ice and wait when all pilots can play...it doesn't mater for us if we will wait until 1.2....we just wanted to clear the thing so you can go with your new campaign.
Petr

Post by Petr » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:51 am

Let's end NE on 23/12. Both sides want too.

For NW we can either do it on 09/01 or 16/01. Either is fine, focus is to have maximum attendance to give both sides a fair fight.

Up to the Allies to decide 09/01 or 16/01, I think both are good for the Axis participants.
Cipson

Post by Cipson » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:51 pm

IAF.ViFF wrote:From the IAF perspective we don't see that there will be any particular gains for either side in next NE mission.

We therefore suggest that the NE be declared over, hence run the NW mission on Monday and conclude the campaign altogether on Monday.

S!
Sorry Viff and Gentlemen,

We are not ready to plan NW for Monday 23, (No planners present) therefore it is ok to play on 09.01.2014 or later.

If you dont want to skip NE last mission and if Countzero will be ready and if our Pilots will be present, we could play it Monday 23, in alternative play NE on 09.01.2014 and NW 16.01.2014.

For the occasion, Best Wishes by The Italian Community and myself

Happy New Year

:wink:
ITALIAN WINGS. L'UNIONE FA LA FORZA! www.italianwing.it
II/JG77_Jack

Post by II/JG77_Jack » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:09 pm

I know this might be a radical opinion from my side, but:

Why dont just end it right now and see "who is where" and what is the outcome?

:?
Gruppenkommandeur of II./JG77
IAF.ViFF

Post by IAF.ViFF » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Cipson wrote:For the occasion, Best Wishes by The Italian Community and myself

Happy New Year

:wink:

Same from us, best wishes for the holiday: happy new year and merry christmas from the IAF community :)

S!
IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Center
StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:58 am

So its agreed NE mission no12 on Monday 23.12.2013, 22:00h CET?

Return to “The Scylla and Charybdis Lounge”