SOME ODDS AND ENDS PHASE 1

A forum for design and development discussions regarding this multisector campaign.

Moderator: Petr

Petr

SOME ODDS AND ENDS PHASE 1

Post by Petr » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:27 am

Hi all,

The final bits of Phase 1 have been done:
1. 2 transports collided in Malta around 1h30m into the missions without enemy action. These have been restored.

2. I had misjudged the mission time, and as such ended the mission 10m early, and so II./JG77_Jack and Adder were KIA in the Stats. Since Jack had not died before in the campaign, I agreed to undo the KIA for both.

3. A promise is a promise, and I was very happy to keep this one made to Stuntman who died once through disco. which I promised to undo if he did not die for the remainder of the campaign.

4. Docks are repaired as per Allied instructions.

5. All supply unloaded. Total unloaded is just above 3.1 Million Litres or just 1.1 million litres above the required minimum for keeping an Average supply state at Malta. Please note that even with the collision unrepaired, the Allies would have reached the required minimum. In any event, it was the right thing to do since the Axis had benifitted from this previously.

Cheers,
Petr
Last edited by Petr on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome...

- Albert Einstein
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Petr wrote:Hi all,

The final bits of Phase 1 have been done:
1. 2 transports collided in Malta around 1h30m into the missions without enemy action. These have been restored.

2. I had misjudged the mission time, and as such ended the mission 10m early, and so II./JG77_Jack and Adder were KIA in the Stats. Since Jack had not died before in the campaign, I agreed to undo the KIA for both.

3. A promise is a promise, and I was very happy to keep this one made to Stuntman who died once through disco. which I promised to undo if he did not die for the remained of the campaign.

4. Docks are repaired as per Allied instructions.

5. All supply unloaded. Total unloaded is just above 3.1 Million Litres or just 1.1 million litres above the required minimum for keeping an Average supply state at Malta. Please note that even with the collision unrepaired, the Allies would have reached the required minimum. In any event, it was the right thing to do since the Axis had benifitted from this previously.

Cheers,
Petr
Thankyou for the stats edits and corrections made I'm pleased to see the ship collision sorted and I am sure Jack and Stuntman will be very pleased :)

I have an enquiry with the final unload figure as I calculated the following figure for supply unloaded at the end of phase 1

SS New Zealand Star - Large Transport - 400,000ltr Freight
SS Svenor - Large Tanker - 560,000ltr
SS Hoegh Hood - Large Tanker - 560,000ltr Freight
SS Tanimbar - Large Transport - 400,000ltr Freight
SS Orari - Large Transport - 400,000ltr Freight
SS Empire Song - Large Transport - 400,000ltr Freight
SS Chant - Large Transport - 400,000ltr Freight
SS City of Manchester - Large Transport - 400,000ltr Freight
SS Talabot - Large Transport - 400,000ltr Freight

Total = 3,920,000ltrs just 80,000ltrs short of the secondary target of 4 million litres, close enough to warrant mentioning and recognition I thought
Molti nemici molto onore!

EAF331 Stuntman

Post by EAF331 Stuntman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Thank you Petr! I appreciate this very much. :)
EAF51_Luft

Post by EAF51_Luft » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:30 am

I see at the end of statistics of Mission 12, the SS New Zealand Star - Large Transport - 400,000ltr Freight is sunk. Is it sunked before unloading? it was damaged by EAF51_Cirso....

Cheers

Luft
Petr

Post by Petr » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:05 am

EAF51_Luft wrote:I see at the end of statistics of Mission 12, the SS New Zealand Star - Large Transport - 400,000ltr Freight is sunk. Is it sunked before unloading? it was damaged by EAF51_Cirso....

Cheers

Luft
Hi Luft,

If it was sunk at the end of the mission then it was not unloaded unless it was already in Valetta harbor (would need to check). In any event, it is NOT in the harbor now.

Hi Classic,

I seem to have forgotten the transport in Malta SE which is +400000 and only counted 400000l versus 560000 for the 2 tankers which is another 320000l extra for a grand total of 3883197.

While I agree this is an excellent result we must not forget that IF the full 16 missions would have been possible, including the unloading using dock capacity, it stands within reason that the total unloaded amount would have been less.

I do not want to put this back on the table in any way, phase 1 has ended. However, to evaluate the result, this must be taken into consideration.

Cheers,
Petr
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome...

- Albert Einstein
Petr

Post by Petr » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:06 am

EAF331 Stuntman wrote:Thank you Petr! I appreciate this very much. :)
Quite welcome! ;-)

- Albert Einstein
EAF51_Luft

Post by EAF51_Luft » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:16 am

Petr wrote:
EAF51_Luft wrote:I see at the end of statistics of Mission 12, the SS New Zealand Star - Large Transport - 400,000ltr Freight is sunk. Is it sunked before unloading? it was damaged by EAF51_Cirso....

Cheers

Luft
Hi Luft,

If it was sunk at the end of the mission then it was not unloaded unless it was already in Valetta harbor (would need to check). In any event, it is NOT in the harbor now.
Thx, Petr.

It was a thrilling and wonderful campaing. Thx again for the fun and my big respect and compliments for your work.
Petr

Post by Petr » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:22 am

EAF51_Luft wrote:
Petr wrote:

Cheers

Luft
Hi Luft,

Thx, Petr.

It was a thrilling and wonderful campaing. Thx again for the fun and my big respect and compliments for your work.
I'm happy to return the compliment to you and the complete EAF51.
Cheers!
Petr

- Albert Einstein
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:47 am

The New Zealand star had previously unloaded her cargo and was enroute back to Gibraltar ;)

Two ships that were sank in mission 12 were empty and heaing home.

We can speculate on the success of the following missions taking the phase to 16 but both sides agreed to end the phase.

Still very close to the 4 million mark and worthy of consideration for phase II in the way of some perks for the allied garrison I should think, maybe the extra tonnage delivered plenty of 20mm cannon ammunition allowing the Spitfire Vc 4-cannon to use all cannons instead of removing two and coverting to two cannon armament :P
Molti nemici molto onore!

Petr

Post by Petr » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:18 am

Classic EAF19 wrote:The New Zealand star had previously unloaded her cargo and was enroute back to Gibraltar ;)

Two ships that were sank in mission 12 were empty and heaing home.

We can speculate on the success of the following missions taking the phase to 16 but both sides agreed to end the phase.

Still very close to the 4 million mark and worthy of consideration for phase II in the way of some perks for the allied garrison I should think, maybe the extra tonnage delivered plenty of 20mm cannon ammunition allowing the Spitfire Vc 4-cannon to use all cannons instead of removing two and coverting to two cannon armament :P
AGREED, under NO circumstances will we re-open the 12-16 mission discussion!

Interesting! Let's keep this for the pre-phase meeting next Tuesday (the day after Monday ;-)

- Albert Einstein
II/JG77_Jack

Post by II/JG77_Jack » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:59 am

Thank you from Jack and Adder, respect, very fair move.
Gruppenkommandeur of II./JG77

Return to “The Scylla and Charybdis Lounge”