Skin trouble

A forum for design and development discussions regarding this multisector campaign.

Moderator: Petr

SUP_Bigans

Skin trouble

Post by SUP_Bigans » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:22 am

Last mission, in order to prevent an easy sighting by the hunters covering the fleet, I changed my skin to my ju-88.

The result was that only I could see the skin loaded, while other guys and therefore the hunters saw a almost yellow skin flying over a blue sea.

Now the camouflage is a fundamental part of the defense of an aircraft. I can not say that hunters have been advantaged by my skin almost yellow, because I was under the fire of flak already 5 km before.

But I think that every pilot should be free to set the skin he likes.

How is possible to solve this problem?

Ciao
=VARP=Thor

Re: Skin trouble

Post by =VARP=Thor » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:39 am

SUP_Bigans wrote:Last mission, in order to prevent an easy sighting by the hunters covering the fleet, I changed my skin to my ju-88.

The result was that only I could see the skin loaded, while other guys and therefore the hunters saw a almost yellow skin flying over a blue sea.

Now the camouflage is a fundamental part of the defense of an aircraft. I can not say that hunters have been advantaged by my skin almost yellow, because I was under the fire of flak already 5 km before.

But I think that every pilot should be free to set the skin he likes.

How is possible to solve this problem?

Ciao

Sorry m8,that's not gonna happen.
Skins are in mod pack,we agreed to use them,they are replacing the default ones,and default is forced by the game.
So any change of that mod skin is possible,but you are responsible for the result.
Cheers,

Thor
SUP_Bigans

Post by SUP_Bigans » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:51 am

I assure you that even another SUP guy has changed skin, but I can see him with the default one. Need to activate skin download?
StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:59 am

Skin download is turned off, first because it causes legs on start and second anyone can then use whatever skin he wonts pink with flowers on my Blenheims or i can use 109 skin on Spitfire or some other stuff :) it will stay on off
SUP_Bigans

Post by SUP_Bigans » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:06 am

Are you sure that is possible to change skin?
Because last mission two of us changed skin, but other guys couldn't seen the skin choosen, but only default one.
I don't understand what's wrong...
SUP_Aracno

Post by SUP_Aracno » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:19 am

Skin download is turned off
Bigans lo skin downloader è disattivato, NON puoi usare skin diverse da quelle della mod, o meglio puoi farlo ma le vedi solo tu.
StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:24 am

Thanks Aracno for explaining it better :)
310_Podrs

Post by 310_Podrs » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:56 am

I am not a SEOW admin, but according to my experience as an admin of another server, skin download should be turned off on online events because of huge lags it produces (not only during spawn, but it takes some time until the skin is distributed to everyone and can cause lags for longer periods of time).

I have on the other way seen altered default skins on several planes in this SEOW campaign, so if you do not like the default skin on any plane and have a better (and historical one), it should not be problem to incoporate the custom skin into the default skin of the certain aircraft.

This way, you (and every other player with the same type of aircraft) would have better skin and it would not cause the lags as custom skins do.
II/JG77_RC

Post by II/JG77_RC » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:01 pm

Yes, For next campaign try to get in when they are meeting and planning it. That is when you can present skins for the campaign and insure the ones you want will be in the MOD-pack.

Return to “The Scylla and Charybdis Lounge”