Updated server IP and stats page address

A forum for design and development discussions regarding this multisector campaign.

Moderator: Petr

LLv34_Untamo

Updated server IP and stats page address

Post by LLv34_Untamo » Mon May 05, 2014 12:44 am

S!

Forgot to save the new server IP anywhere. New admin, gief address plox :)
=VARP=Kaso

Re: Updated server IP and stats page address

Post by =VARP=Kaso » Mon May 05, 2014 4:00 am

It will be different. Admin working on it.
=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor » Mon May 05, 2014 5:12 am

Hi all!

As you all know we had a little "situation" last night. I built the mission and in 21:08 just when i wanted to bring server up I lost Team viewer connection with Petr's server.I've tried for 10 minutes to connect without success. Than i used ftp,which hopefully worked,to extract the backup database before the build and I built the mission on my PC.
After that I had to make some tunnels over few wireless bridges to have outside IP forwarded to local computer which could be used as host. It is a wireless network with many routers,and it wasn't that easy as just open ports on one router and that is why it took me half an hour to do that. I could do that faster and host on my PC,but in that case I can't play...and i wanted to avoid that:) Also i needed to limit other wifi user and reserve for us 15/15 megabits. I hope pings were ok,and lag was not bigger than on Petr server. At least for me. That PC is not that strong as Peter's. Once again sorry about delay.

I still have no answer from Petr about restarting team viewer and gaining control again.So i made workaround.You can go to this link see everything,plan the missions and it will serve as backup....or permanent solution...we'll see

http://thorftp.tk/seow/MP4public/Scripts/default.php

Cheers

=VARP=Thor
LLv34_Untamo

Post by LLv34_Untamo » Mon May 05, 2014 6:40 am

S!

Hehe, sounds like a MacGyver episode pulling that in so short time :D ... I personally didn't experience any lag and other finns didn't complain either.
[DBS]Tx_Tip

Post by [DBS]Tx_Tip » Mon May 05, 2014 7:33 am

LLv34_Untamo wrote:S!

Hehe, sounds like a MacGyver episode pulling that in so short time :D ....
No doubt :)
Great job Thor...No lag probs here either.
StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Mon May 05, 2014 8:47 am

Good job Thor, like Untamo says like MacGyver :)

I had lags over enemy ships in DF, but same as in Phase 1 so its my PC problem probably, pings were ok and we got only 1 disconect because he got low fps and his game then crashed after fwe min. it seams.
II/JG77_Jack

Post by II/JG77_Jack » Mon May 05, 2014 9:18 am

Just want to say to the boss:

Shared kill system was turned on, which means that in short, the kill credits were f*cked up :wink:
The scoreboard (S key) was turned on which means that we could see the planes and everything...
As you all noticed the fuel and weapons were not locked.

It is easy to be general after the battle but in my mind we shouldnt have flown the missions without necessary "factors" like the ones above.

Anyway, good job as always Thor and anyone else that helped him on sunday with hosting. :D
Gruppenkommandeur of II./JG77
=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor » Mon May 05, 2014 10:23 am

Yes Jack,I am aware of the "factors" and it was really close to not fly at all.But when I saw how many people came and when we know that 15.6. is end of days for this campaign,every skiped mission is lost forever.
But I agree that it should be one restart to check those buttons...and loose half an hour more.
I was not working this monday,but i guess Fins and Greeks would not be that happy.
StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Tue May 06, 2014 9:20 am

It was good call to run mission as it is, restart would take even more time and small problems in settings didn't affect overall mission, also good to see that after 10 missions we still have 60+ players per mission ready to fight for Malta :)
Astore

Post by Astore » Tue May 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Many thanks Thor for your great job and regards the connection all SUP did not find any sort of problems.
The child who is inside us, never let him die

Return to “The Scylla and Charybdis Lounge”