Kopfdorfer Test Campaign

Here is a room for discussions surrounding Kopfdorfer's campaign development processes.
Kopfdorfer

Kopfdorfer Test Campaign

Post by Kopfdorfer » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:48 am

Greetings

For those of you who don't know , I am just starting to get my feet wet in SEOW Campaigning , and as part of my learning curve I am developing several campaigns. Rather than flail around chaotically , I have tried to choose a string of campaigns of increasing complexity to to reflect initially my ignorance of the system.
Simply put , and following sage advice around here (some of which I actually listen to) , I have pared back some of my ideas to match my level of noobhood.

My first , and relatively straightforward campaign is designed to be short and to the point.
It is set in the spring of 1945 in Northern Germany where the II Canadian Corps of Montgomery's 21st Army Group is reaching for Wilhelmshaven. Fragments of German units of varied quality attempt to forego the inevitable.
The objectives for the operation are the capture/defense of one key bridge , one town , and one airfield.
This campaign is designed to occur in 4-6 one hour Missions on the Ostfriesland Map. There will be no factory production.

I am looking for a few good men/women ( though I have yet to spot this mythical creature around these forums!) to command and campaign for 4-6 Mission hours over the next few weekends. Ideally I would like to see a 90-120 minute committment ( 30-45 minutes planning and plotting followed by a one hour mission ) one to three sessions per weekend - according to participant availability.
Ideally I would like to see you all get something interesting out of this ( to make living through my inevitable errors entertaining at least) , so I would like to propose to set up the sides so that folks plan , plot and fly with and without people that they are used to ( or have recently been) campaigning with.

In addition , I would like to introduce the concept of a blind campaign.
What this means in terms of this campaign is the following :
1)Initial Recon will be limited, and starting intel will come primarily from a brief (which may not be entirely accurate).
2)There will be no stats posted until the end of the campaign.

If you are interested , please let me know here. Please indicate what time around the weekend could work for you. I am flexible , and I'd like to make this feasable to anyone who is interested regardless of timezone.

I hope this idea will be appealing to a few of you so we can get started.

Comments and Criticism , while seldom enjoyed , will be appreciated.

Kopfdorfer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Kopfdorfer Test Campaign

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:01 am

Count me in. :)
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi Kopf.

I'm in the throws of setting up new pc, have HSFX on it so atm it's dependent on shiftwork & getting flight controls & TrackIR installed ok then I might be able to join in.

cheers
Ikey
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
LW/JG10_Luny

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:16 am

With limited time, I'll try to be part of it.

Thanks

Return to “Kopfdorfer's Den”