Exercise 1 : Ostfriesland Winds Down

Here is a room for discussions surrounding Kopfdorfer's campaign development processes.
Kopfdorfer

Exercise 1 : Ostfriesland Winds Down

Post by Kopfdorfer » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Greetings All,

First I'd like to thank all you folks around here who have been helping me out to get this first baby step campaign off the ground. Most especially for 4 Shades who has helped me get out of every quagmire I have trundled on into in the SEDCS and all my attempts at manipulating the SEOW database.
I'd also like to thank Brandle for plotting the opposite side at what is surely a level far below what he is used to in order to allow me to learn.
Thanks also to the guys who have stepped up to fly ( and especially for those who have waited to fly while I - read 4Shades telling me why here - tried to figure out why the damn mission wasn't loading).
No , no of course I didn't change a value in THAT table! , and while I figured out all the details to manage to get a Mission off the ground.
Ikey , Scannon , Hawk12, Badger , thanks.
I think this concept will be well exhausted in a couple of more missions , and I am already preparing the next exercise.
I want to get some experience working with shipping , so I have decided on the USS Yorktown raid on Makin Island on Feb 2 , 1942.
I will have the expanded Midway Map double for Makin.

Hopefully there will be a few of you willing to tackle this with me as well.

Thanks Again,

Kopfdorfer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Exercise 1 : Ostfriesland Winds Down

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 pm

All good, looking forward to the next one!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
Kopfdorfer

Re: Exercise 1 : Ostfriesland Winds Down

Post by Kopfdorfer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:30 pm

It's Official.
The Ostfriesland Campaign of 2014 is over.
The Lingen River was crossed by Canadian and Polish Tankers on April 12 , 1945 about 1540 pm.
Remnants of the 520th Ersatz Grenadier Regt , 12th SS Panzer and various flak units maintained a tenuous hold on Lingen airfield , which had received a terrific pummelling by Canadian and British 25 Pounder Howitzers all day.
Just at dusk a single FW189 Uhu set down.
Allied observers were unable to ascertain if it landed due to a fuel shortage , or to spirit away General Rasp to Hamburg.

Kopfdorfer

Return to “Kopfdorfer's Den”