New Test Campaign "Task Force 8"

Here is a room for discussions surrounding Kopfdorfer's campaign development processes.
Kopfdorfer

New Test Campaign "Task Force 8"

Post by Kopfdorfer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:28 pm

I am well along on planning the next mini-campaign , the USS Enterprise Task Force Raids on the Marshall Islands on Feb 2 , 1942.

With a few tweaks with 4Shades assistance this campaign should be underway soon.
I'm looking for a few good campaigners.

Do you want to hone your carrier deck landings and pound brand new Jap atoll defences into coral dust?
Join USN's Task Force 8 under Admiral "Bull" Halsey , the first time he was unleashed on the unsuspecting Japanese.

Do you want to hunt the US premier Fleet Carrier and send the message of inevitability to the American capitalist running dogs?
Join Vice Admiral Inoue's 4th Fleet and defend the Empires's Outer Defence Barrier.

Let me know if you are interested.
6 or 7 Two hour missions coming soon...

Kopfdorfer
WTE_Ikey

Re: New Test Campaign "Task Force 8"

Post by WTE_Ikey » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:26 pm

My commitment is still very erratic atm. I still have 4-8 weeks of RL drama left to go then hopefully things will settle down.

Put me down as a 'backup' planner/commander (Red or Blue) is best option .

cheers
Ikey
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
Letka_13/Kukulo

Post by Letka_13/Kukulo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:34 pm

Well I am not good campaigner, but pacific theatre and carrier operations are what I am looky for. So if you are looky for "normal" pilots too I can try ask friends for join. Question is when and what time. Hollidays started this week here in Central Europe, so we can not expect too many pilots.
Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:53 pm

Hey Letka ,

Thanks for replying. Because I am just learning how to build campaigns I have not been making a hard schedule for the missions , rather just showing up at SEOW HQ , usually over the weekend , and flying with whoever is there once the missions have been plotted by the commanders.
Anyone is welcome , but you must bear in mind that there will be a few bumps in the road as I learn what mistakes not to make.

This next campaign will only run 6 , maybe 7 missions .
Because of your time zone , the best suggestion is for anyone interested in flying to show up at HQ very late Friday night for you - likely near midnight -
or mid afternoon on Saturdays - we have been flying around 11am or so my time - Atlantic Zone , which I am guessing would be about 4pm for you.

When I am a bit more polished , my campaigns will be a little more formal - but not too much , as I do this for fun (serious fun , though!).

Hope to talk to you sometime on TS.

Kopfdorfer
Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:23 am

Hey Everyone,

If all goes well , we will launch this campaign this coming weekend , Friday the 4th or Saturday the 5th Atlantic Time.
Probable times will be evening Friday 4th or morning Saturday 5th July.
As the campaign is set up , I am looking for a volunteer to plot a couple of missions for one side ; Brandle has graciously agreed to plot for one side
(colour not determined yet).
If you are interested and have a preference please let me know.
If your commitment would be limited , I can take over mission plotting after a couple of missions ; it wouldn't be fair for me to plot off the top , as I have
omniscient knowledge of the "at start" positions.
I know this type of setup is counter to what is desired by diehard campaigners (who want to imagine they control every aspect of their campaign - which
is as every student of history knows an unrealistic military expectation - who said "no military plan survives the first minute of engagement with the
enemy!?) , and I will incorporate individual command setup into my next campaign effort.

All participants will be welcome , as long as you are willing to accept participating with a flexible schedule.
Just check in at SEOW HQ when you can , and ask about TF_8.

Cheers , Kopfdorfer
Letka_13/Kukulo

Post by Letka_13/Kukulo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:02 am

We have two pilots at this time. We can try this night or tommorow. Let us know when.
Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:16 pm

I am going to try for tomorrow ( Saturday 6 July ) at 1000hrs Atlantic Time.
If this works for you please drop by.

Mods enabled (in JSGME) are :

HSFX History Mod
Expert Mode

Even if this doesn't fly due t o a technical issue - which I had a couple of times during my first Test Campaign , we can at least discuss best possible times to fly.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Kopfdorfer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:15 am

Hi Kopf,
Could you pls pm me a commander name & password for a side (view only is fine ) . I have to work shifts for these next couple of weekends so sadly wont be able to participate for awhile.

cheers
Ikey
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
Letka_13/Kukulo

Post by Letka_13/Kukulo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:51 am

Hi Kopf

You mean probably Sunday 6. july as tommorow

We are here GMT+2 (CEST)

You are talking about ADT or AST?

For us best option is starting no earlier than 19:00 CEST (GMT+2)
Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:05 am

Hey Letka,

I apologize for the vagueness of my scheduling.

Yes I am in AST (Halifax , NS , Canada). I believe that puts you + 5 hrs ahead of me.
I'll do my best to try and have some mission starts at appropriate times for you , but please understand that as this is a learning campaign for me , I will try to plot and run the campaign as quickly as possible ofr maximum learning.

When my skills are polished , I will present a campaign in a more coordinated manner. Regardless , you and anyone you bring is more than welcome.

There are also a couple of skins being made for me by a couple of generous folks , and I believe they will add some immersion for this campaign.

I hope to get her off the ground next weekend.

Kopfdorfer
Letka_13/Kukulo

Post by Letka_13/Kukulo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:28 pm

No probblem Kopf.

I know that you are learning how make campaigns. I expect flying from deck with plane with hook. Thats it :)

I saw you request for A5M skins on SAS. That guy which posted reply on rewuest looks like good skinner. His offer of A5M skin looks preety good to me. I believe it is good quality as I saw on screenshots. E13A will be released as AI in 4.13 I think. So for future campaigns we do not need placeholder.

You do not need move starting time of your missions according to my timeline. This weekend I will be on wedding, next weekend I will be on vacation and than... My wife tells me she wants new kitchen... Well we have no kitchen at this time... Looks like new plans for near future for me. Virtual flying will not be so popular in our home in next weeks :mrgreen: Aaahhhh :?

Anyway, I will follow this thread, and if will be possible I will try join this deck adventure.
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:27 am

I've checked those supply drops & they are all there where they should be.

cheers
Ikey
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Power outage here today. :(
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 am

I can't get the AI to take off in the R-X111 Ter Hydro. Dropped fuel down to 10% & upped skill to ace & still no luck it just power boats along.
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:17 am

Yes Ikey , You are correct , I have the same issue with the RXIII/Alf Mutt.
I'll post over at 242 Sqdn , but it'll be awhile before anyone gets on it.

What do you want to do as an alternative?
I would like to ensure that the Japanese have a recon Flying boat/float plane.
A couple of alternatives are :
Replace the RXIIIs with a lesser number of A6M2-N Rufes (not historical)
Replace the RXIIIs with Ar196s ( probably a lesser number) - probably the most sensible given how far along the campaign design is
Replace the RXIIIs with another flying boat - either an MBR or a Cantz506 or a Ju52float
Replace the RXIIIs with a similar vintage AC which is not a float - Letov S-328 II

Let me know your thoughts.
Anyone else have other ideas?

The radical approach is to add the F1M2 Pete mod from SAS , but we all know what that entails.

Kopf

Return to “Kopfdorfer's Den”