Task Force 8 Ready to Commence

Here is a room for discussions surrounding Kopfdorfer's campaign development processes.
Kopfdorfer

Task Force 8 Ready to Commence

Post by Kopfdorfer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:03 pm

I am happy to say that Task Force 8 is nearly ready to go.
Halsey (4Shades) is already steaming for Taroa with malice.
Brandle has removed himself as the Japanese Commander , by committing Seppuku for mysterious reasons,
and has been replaced by Admirals Inoue ( Ikey) and Goto (Scannon).

Historical Situation :
The end of 1941 was bleak for the Allies everywhere, and no more so than in the Central Pacific for the Americans. Notwithstanding the serious operational setbacks caused by the Pearl Harbor Attack and the subsequent conquest of the Philippines , Indonesia , Hong Kong , Singapore , New Britain , Wake Island , and the Marshall and Gilbert Islands , the Americans were incensed by getting caught off guard by the Japanese . Politicians , Armed Forces Brass , Servicemen and women , and above all the American public badly needed to feel that they were capable of bringing the war to the Japanese.
When Chester Nimitz was assigned as CincPac (Commander in Chief Pacific ) on December 17 , things looked bleak indeed.
Understanding the need for some measure of action , Nimitz approved a plan for aggressive strikes on recently captured Japanese assets in the central Pacific by Fast Carrier Attack Forces. The first strikes were approved for Task Force 17 , around the Carrier Yorktown , and Task Force 8 , around the Carrier Enterprise.
The two Task Forces sailed from Hawaii late in January to strike the Gilbert and the Marshall Islands respectively.
The SEOW Campaign "Task Force 8" represents the attacks on the Marshalls by Enterprise and her Task Force in the first days of February 1942.

In this (Kopfdorfer's Test Campaigns) section of the Community Page , there is a skin package available for the Campaign.
All Pilots are requested to download this file and install the skins.
In addition , a pilot prefix will be required for the campaign ,
"IJN_" for Axis Pilots , and "USN_" for Allied pilots

Hope to see you in the air soon.

Kopfdorfer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Task Force 8 Ready to Commence

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Yes, we are expecting to run the first mission today Saturday 30 August at 20.30 hours (GMT+8). Assemble at SEOW HQ TS. Pilot seats are limited.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:56 am

Something seems wrong. That should've been about now (GMT -5), so 7.30am? Can you confirm?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:02 am

In 30 minutes. :)
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:05 am

Ouch - might be a tad too early. I can't make any noise since my wife is still sleeping! I hope some people from the US East Coast are still able to make it though.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:37 am

First mission run, with 130+ triggers!!! Typically engrossing carrier mission, Japanese interceptors, reconnaissance, bad weather.

Statistics seems ok, but the grid referencing seems to be bugged. This is largely cosmetic but I will try to debug.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
LW/JG10_Luny

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:06 pm

Good.

Appart of the grid reference, the time is still showing 06:00 AM.
One more thing I've seen is that, despite you can plan for the next mission, the movements limit is not set to 0, wich warns you when trying to exceed the movements limit. However, if you click on that warning window's OK button, it lets you plot again.

I believe I missunderstood the signaller feature. Despite seems I planned in the wrong way (the signallers I thought I had planned were the scramblers and the scrambler was the signaller), I understood from the SEow Wiki that if the signaller (a ship in this case) doesn't activate the scrambler (another ship in this case), the scrambler will remain stationary or (if something is detected after the mission start, the scrambler will start moving at this moment. Maybe this is just for planes, but don't know.

Any light on this will help.

Thanks

Luny
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:36 am

Grid references of lodged signals have been updated. This code should work better from now on.

Campaign time updated properly.

Movement limitations: I will check this out.

Signallers/scramblers: the intention of the SEOW implementation of Catsy's Mod is that a scrambler is a unit with a movement order planned AND with a signaller chosen via the drop down menu. The scrambler will not move until the signaller sends the signal. Scramblers can be any chief, any flight or any barrage unit.

If you do not associate a signaller with a movement order, then the unit will move as per normal SEOW practice.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
LW/JG10_Luny

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks, sir. Also read the Seow wiki twice and everything is now clear.
The movement limit was caused because the counter wasn't set to zero as wasn't the mission time. Now they show the counter reset to zero.

Return to “Kopfdorfer's Den”