Is There a Willing Host Out There ?

Here is a room for discussions surrounding Kopfdorfer's campaign development processes.
Kopfdorfer

Is There a Willing Host Out There ?

Post by Kopfdorfer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:11 am

Greetings All ,

Parkers Crossroads is nearing readiness to start.
1) One of the needs I have if the current campaign construct is to be used , is for someone with a beefier rig than mine (and preferably an SEOW Server) to host.
My current object count is ~1250 objects , plus about 100 infrastructure additions ( buildings in key locations in the battle area , not on the HSFX native West Front 44 Map).
The reason the host having their own SEOW Server (I don't at this time) is important is due to the fact that the meteorological conditions of Dec 22 Day Missions , and Dec 22-23 Night Missions will require effective Radar and Blind Landing functionality.

2) Ideally , I would like to Campaign twice a week , once on Wednesday evening (~ 2100-2300 Atlantic Standard Time) , and Saturday Morning (~ 1100-1300 Atlantic Standard Time).
This would require Plotting to be done by Tuesdays 2400 AST and Fridays 2400 AST in order for the build to be done and tested prior to flight.
This could conceivably be reduced to just a weekend mission for December 23 Missions if that is amenable to participants.

3) Currently , only the Red Supreme Commander Role has been filled by IIJG3K.Brandle (unless Luny's computer upgrade is completed soon , in which case he had spoken for /blue the Supreme Commander role). Alternates for Blue Command ARE being accepted as per Luny's suggestion.
Please let me know if you are interested in participating , if you have a side preference , and if you wish to Command , or just fly.
If possible , I would prefer to fly only , as my knowledge of the initial force distribution would present an unfair bias to command planning for either side.

4) I am hoping we can get rolling by the Easter Weekend.

5) A skinpack will be available shortly by dropbox. Check in the Kopfdorfer's Den for this link.

Any thoughts , comments or criticisms are appreciated and will be considered, though by no means will be necessarily acted upon. Feedback is important to me as I learn how to build an interesting and engaging (I hope !) Campaign for SEOW. Parkers Crossroads represents a big step in terms of complexity for me - experienced commanders would be appreciated for their critical feedback.

Sincerely Kopfdorfer

20-03-2015 1300 hrs AST
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Is There a Willing Host Out There ?

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi Kopfdorfer,

1) I can host when I'm around, which is the majority of weekends. However the time slot is late for me, probably 11pm - 1am. Two hours early on Saturdays would work best for me if I am to host or play. Wednesday time slot is not good for me.

2) I am happy to command a side, but I would prefer for someone else to take on the lead if possible. I am anticipating that I may have to get involved in admin at some stage during the campaign, which is not a good combination with overall command. But I am happy to serve as 2IC at any time.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:09 pm

It has been pointed out to me that my request for a host is tantamount to having someone else do all the lifting for my campaign, and had I realized that that is what the request meant I never would have made it.
For me the SEOW system is a large learning curve , and I work with limited computer access on a barely capable machine - Not to mention with a mind which does not adapt to computer functionality naturally.
While in a perfect world I would have installed my own server and set it up, that is beyond my current means both in terms of my own ability to focus on a finite learning load , and in terms of pure technological capability computer and computer access wise.

4Shades , as always, is very generous in his offer. I was hesitant to depend on his generosity one more time, as he has been the host for my 2 initial campaigns already.

I will consider the implications here in the most immediate manner possible.

I may put Parkers Crossroads on hold for a campaign of smaller footprint and requirements.

Kopfdorfer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri May 08, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi there,

The mission today (Saturday 9 May) will be hosted later than usual, around 2 pm GMT or later.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
greykitten

Post by greykitten » Sat May 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi, my hard drive died on me yesterday so i couldn't plan and even less come to fly. I have to reinstall most of my things. i thought i had saved some of the config files but i can't find it
"Il n'est pas besoin d’espérer pour entreprendre, ni de réussir pour persévérer" Guillaume d'Orange
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat May 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
greykitten

Post by greykitten » Sun May 10, 2015 8:51 am

that's the idea :evil:
It is not as bad as it sounds because beside the configurations of il-2 related software i didn't have anything really important on it (one-two month old machine), and somewhere between choice and necessity i've become pretty knowledgeable in setting computers in working configuration. Well i have an usb key set to boot and install win8 not that hard once you ve done it once or twice...( i stopped counting a long time ago ( for me at least :P )

but the hard drive seems not dead but quite as if i try to reach one of the partition, it rings a metal version of mozart's requiem. Yesterday i bought a new hard drive and now i'm ready.
"Il n'est pas besoin d’espérer pour entreprendre, ni de réussir pour persévérer" Guillaume d'Orange
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Tue May 12, 2015 7:52 am

My TrackIR is working again!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Return to “Kopfdorfer's Den”