Next Up - Battle for the Sittang River Bridge Feb 1942

Here is a room for discussions surrounding Kopfdorfer's campaign development processes.
Kopfdorfer

Next Up - Battle for the Sittang River Bridge Feb 1942

Post by Kopfdorfer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:00 am

Hey Guys ,

I have cast the die. I will develop the Battle for the Sittang River Bridge over 21-23 Feb 1942 , which features an ascending Imperial Japanese Army pushing hard through Lower Burma for the Port and Industrial City of Rangoon.

The ground forces are relatively small , about a Division on each side.
There are few armoured forces , so Infantry and Artillery should rule the day , given effective supply management , and air cover over transportation routes.

The Airframe mix will be , I hope , interesting and with a character of its own. No Spits , Hellcats , Zekes or Franks here. The commanders must depend upon the agile Nate , the redoubtable Buffalo and the dependable Hurricane , along with Audaxes , Sonia's and Lily's.The American AVG will also have its presence felt.

There will be some naval activity as well , the degree yet to be determined.

I am looking forward to a somewhat smaller scale than Parkers Crossroads , and the Tropical sun will be nice after the bonechilling cold and dense clouds of the Ardennes!

OOB Development has begun , and I will post the bones of it soon.

Kopfdorfer
greykitten

Re: Next Up - Battle for the Sittang River Bridge Feb 1942

Post by greykitten » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Oh yes... some slower plane will be good !
I will be only available Saturday or Sunday (my choice at least), my job is so taxing i can't do heavy things as a commander.
But hey ! Small forces means a bit less of commander intensive actions than in the last campaign !

I'm looking forward for you next campaign
"Il n'est pas besoin d’espérer pour entreprendre, ni de réussir pour persévérer" Guillaume d'Orange

Return to “Kopfdorfer's Den”