Kingdom of the Black Pelican Campaign

For all you devotees of this campaign based on Hergé's classic story.
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Fri May 29, 2009 5:32 am

Thanks for your effort m8
Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Looks like we may be getting ready for lift off. If needed I can change side. Time to check who's getting involved and see what the sides are before we let the good times roll.

What's the skins situation? What does each side need and where do we get them.

I was Syldavian originally but happy to change if needed. Come on guys - claim your spots.

I'm growing a mustache and practising my Belgian - or should it be French? I claim the part of Professor Calculus

For those with no idea what is going on, here's a link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Tintin

Cheers

doc
I am, therefore I think.
La vie est une histoire vraie!
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:08 am

Ok ,the Bordurian spies have caught Doc in an awkward situation with the girl with the Bouncing Boobies & have blackmailed him into flying for the blue side.Naughty photos are now in a resealed envelope ,I'll keep checking them occassionally, & will only be produced if he doesnt perform to expectations.

cheers
Ikey
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:34 pm

OK, a dirty tricks campaign!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:09 am

Hi 4Shades,

Just onTS with Warg & Doc looking at Pelican. Couple of things need sorting out before we start planning 1st mission.

1. In Axis OOB we need the MechanizedInfantry- Bordurian Half tracks converted to spies ,& reciprocal for Syldavians.
Would've been good if some other spy units were added to enable spy para drops behind enemy lines.

2. 2 hr missions, can we enable delayed flights.

3.The factories/production points are still original setting & you'll need to catch up with Warg about this to balance it out.

cheers
Ikey
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Sure, no problem. Let's get together tonight to sort this.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:04 am

Hi there,

I've done a quick sum of the factories. There are 38 Bordurian opposed to 93 Syldavian. Also the Bordurian factories are much more concentrated then the more decentralised Syldavian ones. This can reflect mass production enterprises. A ratio of 100 production points per Bordurian to 40 production points per Syldavian will bring this back to square. However other factors bearing consideration is the concentration of the factories and that Borduria was a more industrialised and technically advanced then her neighbour. Borduria is also the aggressor in this scenario.

On balance, I'd recommend a reduced Syldavian production rate of 35 points against 100 points for the Bordurian factories to properly reflect the cottage based industries and agrarian based culture of the Syldavian economy. On the spy class. Please change this on the FAIM armoured car and the Skd 251/1 half track to enable these vehicles to be used as scouts. Also, please reduce the range of all fortifications to zero, so that the remain fixed in prepared defensive positions. After that, should be fine to reinitialise.

Regards,
Warg
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:20 pm

All done and ready to go. Blue planning required now.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks for sorting it out. Will see planning done when off work & Doc back from Duxford.

EDIT:

Delayed flights not enabled because......?
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi Ikey,

Believe 4Shades mentioned and enabled delayed flights when he reinitailised the campaign on Friday night. Assume that the industrial ratios are okay for the blue side. Hopefully, this makes it fairly even across the board. Just have two land missions to plot and Syldavians are all done.

Regards,
Warg
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:59 pm

I looked quickly at the settings @ work & was still unchecked.

I now notice they are mission setting that can be changed anytime so that means its all ok ,industrials r corrected & spies in place & just now need time to plan.Start tomorrow.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:19 pm

A slip of the mouse. Delayed flights are now turned ON.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:27 am

Just some more questions to clarify things:

1. 37 ATG is that the Type 94 37mm field arty? Cant find specific 37 ATG in costs.

2. Any idea of engagement range of Armoured train?

3. Re the territorial control, is the Bodurian Tank classed as 'light'.

4. We can produce the Syldavian Tank & the Gladiator Mk1 . Surely you dont need our help already!! :). The LightAAA & HeavyAAA cant be produced. Is this a mistake or planned.

5. Are the Air Supply flights a 1 off as none of those types are able to be produced . I wouldnt have worried about it except for reasons of Q?4.

6. Production is enabled for Fuel Train but not armoured train. Is that right for the armoured.

On another note Ive finally succumbed to a 'bug' that most at work have got & will look on TS Tuesday night . I'll try finish plan tomorrow & work out when we can start missions .

Off to bed now
cheers
Ikey
IV/JG7_Warg

Post by IV/JG7_Warg » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:14 am

Lets see,

1. Its the German 37mm Pak 35 ATG, which was the design basis for the American 37mm and Russian 37mm (later increased to 45mm) designs.
2. Not sure what is set on the SEOW database, but is either 4000 or 1250 metres.
3. Both nations tanks are essentially the Czech Skoda 35t light tank. The Bodurians use the German Pzkw 35t whilst the Syldavians have the R2 (which is a renamed Czech 35t) The R2 was just ealier off the production line and exported before the German takeover in 1938. Historically only differences would be better German optics fitted which is not reflected in game. These tanks have been chosen because rear deck markings look specifically similar to Bordurian and Syldavian national markings.
4. Don't produce them, probably just needs a change in a field on the object specifations table in the database to correct this. Light and heavy AAA are the Russian single and quad Maxim 7.62mm AAA guns.
5. Not intended as a one off. Bordurians use the Ju-52 and the Slydavians have the Li-2.
6. Don't know about train production. Shouldn't really have too many armoured trains anyway as they were not that common when compared to the numbers of regular trains in use.

Regards,
Warg
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:55 pm

IV/JG7_Warg wrote: 1. Its the German 37mm Pak 35 ATG,
Is it named different in the costs,all I can see is the type 94 or 2 types of 37AAA flak.
IV/JG7_Warg wrote: 4. Don't produce them, probably just needs a change in a field on the object specifations table in the database to correct this. Light and heavy AAA are the Russian single and quad Maxim 7.62mm AAA guns.
So your saying the light & heavy AAA will be changed so they can be produced?
Atm can only produce 88Flak & AAA truck, previous campaign showed the AAA truck didnt cover certain areas depending on elevation & there was a need for MG AAA.This is war , & I dont want to give the Syldavians the option to use any dirty tricks they may have learnt.:wink:

IV/JG7_Warg wrote: 5. Not intended as a one off. Bordurians use the Ju-52 and the Slydavians have the Li-2.
Sorry m8, I'm talking about the air units from Air Supply point west edge of map(He111,Breda,109E3 & G50)

Re the 'Light' tanks I was asking thinking as they're the only type in campaign they might have been changed within database to be a medium (or heavy) to then require 5 tanks not 3 to control territory .
I'll work it as light tank only needing 3.

cheers
Ikey

Return to “The Pelican Lounge”