New Feature - Command Delegations

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
IV/JG7_4Shades

New Feature - Command Delegations

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:47 am

Hi everyone,

Scannon suggested that we needed a way to sort out which units were relevant for each commander in the cluttered map that we are building now. This idea goes back a decade to the early days of SEOW where we anticipated (buit never implemented) a command delegation model. Warg and Hawk_5 agreed that this seemed a useful idea.

Well, today I implemented it. Just by adding some simple text data to the PilotData.Commanding field for each commander and a few javascript functions, we now have a workable delegation model.

When you reload your MP, you will see:

*) your delegated authorities in the Planning Summary tooltip (next to Mission Planning Tools)
*) the "Select Taskable Unit" drop down list will only show those units that you have delegated authority for
*) you can toggle your units' visibilities with the "Toggle Delegated Unit Icons" command in the right-click menu

Delegations can be specified by "organization", that is by parts of the units names, or by "class", that is by Object_Class codes defined in the Object_Roles table.

Check it out - it is all pretty simple. I have allocated delegations to people based on their chosen divisions/corps.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
LW/JG10_Luny

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 am

Great!!
Petr

Post by Petr » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:56 pm

That sounds really cool!
Thanks Shades!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 am

Extended it a bit today to allow 2 different delegation models:

1. Strict delegation model - where commanders will be presented with a Taskable Unit Selection list that is built only from their delegated units (in the current map view).

2. Negotiable delegation model - where commanders can determine the method used to construct the Taskable Unit Selection list, either by the delegation model or ignoring delegations altogether. Commanders choose the mode by clicking on the new "Delegation" icon (twin gold bars) in the Create Mission graphic.

At HQ, I have enabled "Negotiable delegation model" by default.

Also, following feedback from Scannon and others, I have built a new tool that formats complete force listings into a tooltip for easy copy&paste into spreadsheets etc. You can find this in Logistics:Organization.

These features are not yet released for general MP use - they are still experimental for HQ only.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
LW/JG10_Luny

Post by LW/JG10_Luny » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:51 am

Outstanding!!
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 am

You are da maaaan!
LW/JG10_Armwaar

Post by LW/JG10_Armwaar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:56 pm

I am having some trouble with this new feature. I switched off the delegation using the rank insignia icon, but is that all I need to do? Or do I have to disable delegation for each individual frame?

Emil is reporting he cannot see the aircraft in the supply point. I assume this is true for others not currently delegated for the German air units.

Can you let me know if this is user error or a bug?

In any case, my goal is for everyone to see the air units available.

Thanks!
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Posted in Axis , but Emil might be thinking planes should be available in Supply Air point as reinforcements types but are actually available for planning in Create New once delegation feature is disabled.
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:04 pm

By the way, the current delegations are just simple defaults I made up for each commander. They can be changed easily by just sending sugegstions to me, e.g. "Emil gets delegation over aircraft", or "Armwaar gets delegation over KG-Zwiahel" etc.

Let's stick with the delegation model for now so we can all get used to it. A simple mouse click will disable it ("negotiable" mode).

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:19 am

Scannon is reporting everything he enters, the MP displays as created successfully,
but it does not display the correct result when the MP is refreshed..... 

I personally don't even his plannings.

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”