Patience please - we are going as fast as we can

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

IV/JG7_4Shades

Patience please - we are going as fast as we can

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:29 am

Hi everyone,

I know that we are all waiting anxiously to see campaign details, contexts, objectives, orders of battle etc. The designers (I'm not one of them) are working hard on this and we'll see it all soon enough.

At the same time, Gross is working to establish the roster across the timezones and sectors. US and AU timezones (where pilots are scarce) may not be such a problem if these sectors are run on the weekend, since Euro pilots could potentially join in, but all that decision making is still in process.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
102nd-YU-devill

Post by 102nd-YU-devill » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Hello,

I am sure most of us have an idea of the huge work involved.
For the 102nd, I can say that we are very grateful for all the efforts of the campaign designers!
Keep up the great work boys!
Cheers!
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:09 pm

I received several comments and I found a solution about scheduling, now discussing with Charlie and Shades. Tomorrow I trust to publish the week timetable for the campaign.

EDIT:
Once we'v got the timetable, squadrons<->day<->map association will be discussed into the two sides according with everyone's preferences and with the campaign rules.

We count on be able to decide this above very soon, so each side will have to designate its own command structure, read the campaign rules and set up everything while Charlie and me running the needed test on the server.
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
242Sqn_Chap

Post by 242Sqn_Chap » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:53 am

Current Situation Sunday 22nd Nov:-

We are really getting there I would say ...but there is a little more to do.

HSFX v4.1 update:- we had to make an update of some type anyway to correct CRT and a few other little issues. I wanted this to be almost a quick Hotfix.
However I got rushed a hell of a lot of material from AAA over the last weeks...(and everyone in the IL2 World and his dog seems to feel that we were 'obliged' to do all kinds of things that were nothing to do with them...and not really our concern at all ..(Its not relevant to what we needed at all for this on the whole... however its done now and 4.1 is in beta for a few days.

There are positives as a result of this:-
i) Shades has the beta so we can be absolutely sure that everything does what it is supposed to do

ii) There will be no UI a little way down the road, HSFX will be the on-line modded standard adopted by AAA also...so you should be able to join a whole host of servers etc etc.

iii) To be fair, there is some top quality material in 4.1 that will benefit us all a little way down the line.

So during this time there is plenty of opportunity for us to continue to build and check templates etc etc.

It looks like Gross has achieved the almost impossible and come up with a schedule that suits 'most'. ( i think we already owe him huge thanks for this unenviable task).

Brandle is working up what will be some superb Eastfront Sectors for us all.

The Ideas of how all of this might work, of a Multitheatre/Multisector at all, have been hammered out in conversations over many evenings and Brandle is completely central to this.

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”