North American Schedule

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

=AVG=Storm

North American Schedule

Post by =AVG=Storm » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Here is what we have, so far:

Kuban Sector

=AVG= (USA) - 8 pl. (Allied)
5AF<17RS> (USA) - 2 pl. (Allied)
=69.GIAP= (NA Contingent) - 4pl. (Allied)

JG26, II/JG3K and II/JG54 (USA and Europe) - 12 pl. (Axis)
LW10 and 1./JG77 (USA and Europe) - 12 pl (Axis)

Current suggested schedule is Tuesdays at 0300 GMT, which would be 2200 EST (New York Time). Is this acceptable to all? I have some feedback that Mondays and/or Thursdays are better for some.

Flatspin and I would be happy to take leadership positions on the Allied side of the sector. Additional mission planners from the =AVG= will include Medar, Yoke and Space.

There may be a number of =69.GIAP= members from the US that may enjoy flying for the Allied cause in Kuban during a time zone that better suits them. They would be welcome to assist with strategy and mission planning for their own assets on this map.

I assume Luni, Badger and some others will take leadership positions on the Axis side of this campaign?

I just posted this as a conversation starter. Please add your input and let's get this Kuban thing rolling! :)
Last edited by =AVG=Storm on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flatspin

Post by Flatspin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm available that time slot (give or take 30 minutes) Monday through Thursday.
Pacific 1942 Akagi Carrier Group
=AVG=Storm

Post by =AVG=Storm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:14 am

Any other input from the squads listed above?
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:12 pm

S!

How will this schedule possibly work for our Eurofriends? This is a 4am mission in Germany, I think.
=AVG=Storm

Post by =AVG=Storm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Well, it appears that each sector will have designated time zone and others are free to fly if there is room and they are willing to stay up late or wake up early. North American pilots are dealing with the same issue on other sectors that are geared toward European Time Zones.
Jobbo_Fett

Post by Jobbo_Fett » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Living in Canada on the EST timezone and this seems like a good time\day combination.

Works for me at least.

~S~
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:30 pm

The Amerikas Expeditionary Force of 69.GIAP is prepared to participate in full cooperation with the other Ground Zero SEOW participants in the Kuban sector, and will provide Storm and Flatspin with whatever support they require. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights are good for us.
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

=AVG=Storm

Post by =AVG=Storm » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:24 am

Thank you, Tushka!

Here are the stats for our Thursday night mission:

http://groundzeroseow.com/SEOW/MP4/Stat ... index.html
JG26_Badger

Post by JG26_Badger » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:14 pm

S~:

Brandle will be our leader I am just Gefrieter. My concern is exactly as Brandle stated that we have JG26 members that reside in Europe. O300 GMT on a Tuesday is going to be impossible for them to fly. Would it be possible for us to have either I prefer #2.

1. Add another scheduled flight time on either a Sat or Sunday say with a start time between 2000-2200GMT. So at least one day we can fly with our European members. I am sure that some of your squads may have european members as well.

2. Add a scheduled flight in our sector Kuban on Tuesday our designated flight time which is at GMT 2100and have the European members of our squadrons run that flight post results etc, then we could fly our mission in our designated time slot of GMT 0300 2200 local (10:00pm EST) based on the previously run mission 6 hours before. Then they would fly it the next week mission the same based on our results. This way it is ongoing. Actually you could run multiple missions a week even daily.

Honestly that is how I thought this whole multisector campaign was going to work, it seems now that we are only having a intersquad battle with a few squads in our time zones on seperate maps. Personally I want to fly all the maps and I want to fly with or at least feel that I am flying with people all over the world. With this proposal all blue and all red would be virtual squad mates just flying in different times like you would in reality. Now you would really have to communicate, pilot logs, recon, supply all that becomes human driven and it includes people forces them to get involved they have a vested interest.

Anyway just my two cents. I will return to my potato peeling duties!

S~ JG2_Badger
=69.GIAP=MORAK

Post by =69.GIAP=MORAK » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:01 am

S! Tushka
Good to see you here!
=AVG=Storm

Post by =AVG=Storm » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:10 pm

We have decided to move the NA missions to 2130 EST on Thursdays.
=AVG=Storm

Post by =AVG=Storm » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:20 pm

I will host template and strategy discussion on Ground Zero TS beginning at 2030 EST (GMT-5), Thursday, December 10th for the Kuban:

78.129.199.253:8124
blast

There will some short test coops for both sides to get a taste of the action beginning at 2130 EST.
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:50 am

Because the first Kuban mission was defective we could not fly it. We should find a day other than Thursday for the next attempt because next two Thursdays are Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

I suggest we use this thread to find an alternative.

Of course we will be limited by the time it takes to rebuild the database, reinitialize the campaign and replan the missions.

Because Tuesday evenings are Ground Zero SEOW mission nights, and most pilots on the allied side of Kuban also fly the Ground Zero SEOW missions, perhaps we could replace the scheduled GZ mission with the first Kuban mission?

If possible, would that work for enough axis pilots also?
C!

Tushka

II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:56 am

S!

I think the Crimea template is going to have the same problems. For some reason we have many stock tables in the database instead of the ones that were built for those sectors. It should not be any problem to flush the databases that were created and just go with the ones I originally sent . Both can be fixed in an hour but all missions planned will be lost and have to be redone.

Brandle
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:31 pm

That is unfortunate, but better to find out now than when everyone is trying to line up for a mission that has no flights! :-)

Any idea what went wrong with the transfer of your DBs to the main server?
C!

Tushka

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”