Plane substitutions

A forum for design and development discussions regarding this multisector campaign.

Moderator: Petr

Astore

Post by Astore » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:22 am

Grazie Italo :D
The child who is inside us, never let him die
SUP_Bigans

Post by SUP_Bigans » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:20 am

I note that the Beaufort had maximum speed of 410 kmh, while the A-20 well 546 kmh. During 3rd mission B_Sup_Astore stated that he was attacked by an A-20 (R_EAF602_Joe90), that had dropped the torpedo and turned into hunting, taking advantage of the greater speed and armament of the A-20. This is not correct.
I don't think that Beaufort pilots made hunting role leaving a torpedo in the sea for free.
Otherwise I propose to replace A-20 with Betty.
StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:07 am

I also agree A20DB7 ( top and belly gunner) is not good substitute for Beaufort ( 1 forward gunner and 1 top gunner no belly gunners) attackers can not profit of Beauforts lack of belly gunner, and 4xforward fiering human controled machine guns on A-20 are deadly as oposed to 1 on Beufort and 1 gunner in nouse.

A20 can be abused to fight how Beaufort could not, but Betty is also por choice, it has more rear gunners than single rear gunner on top of Beaufort, but atleast hes primarily role would stay torpedo bomber not twin engine pursuit airplane with thorpedo on slow G50s or MC200 or even the 109E7B when we dont have Friedrichs. But i was not here when it was discussed about substitutes and airplanes balance so this had to be resolved then, and not now after start of campaign

if only we could have HSFX7 Beauforts

Return to “The Scylla and Charybdis Lounge”