TEST MISSIONS NW & NE AFRICA

A forum for design and development discussions regarding this multisector campaign.

Moderator: Petr

IAF.ViFF

Post by IAF.ViFF » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:15 am

Hi,

Just want to make sure we have the test mission this evening, and confirm that it will be using the latest modpack v1.8

S!
IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Center
Petr

Post by Petr » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:18 am

Confirmed x2
See you tonight.
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:07 am

EAF will be present with 4-6 pilots I expect
Molti nemici molto onore!

Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:24 pm

A number of bugs to report from tonight

1) Beaufighter, missing propeller when in flight (not a big problem and maybe HSFX not the mod pack)

2) Very very strange things happened with aircraft in combat, 20mm cannon bouncing off Ju88 fuselage. Ghost aircraft not taking damage, duplicated aircraft etc etc
Molti nemici molto onore!

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Mod mismatches and/or game version mismatches.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
Ala13_biker

Post by Ala13_biker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:54 am

Classic EAF19 wrote:A number of bugs to report from tonight

1) Beaufighter, missing propeller when in flight (not a big problem and maybe HSFX not the mod pack)

2) Very very strange things happened with aircraft in combat, 20mm cannon bouncing off Ju88 fuselage. Ghost aircraft not taking damage, duplicated aircraft etc etc
The modpack doesn't include new planes or changes in flight models.

I supose the duplicated aircraft (ghost) had you seen yesterday was after the pilot had a problem with the "crash loading screen", it happened to me and my comrades saw my smoking plane behind following them 'til I swicht off the game.
22GCT_Hollywood

Post by 22GCT_Hollywood » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:02 am

In the mission last night I'm not convinced of the efficiency of the AAA by axis. A human Hurricane landed with me on the airport of Lentini, the flak shoot him without success. I understand that there is the possibility of not being hit but even land. Same thing on all other airports in Sicily, fighting enemy planes safely on the airport without being preoccupied by flak. I think it's worth checking, since the issue of the efficiency of the airports Flak has always been a problem felt by both sides.
Salut!
Petr

Post by Petr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:05 am

First, thanks to everyone who made it to the test yesterday. In all more than 70 players made it. Much appreciated!

Somethings to take into account:
1. the abnomalies started very late in the mission. (+45m)
2. At that time there was very little stress on the server or the bandwidth requirements (less than 2Mb/s). Much less than at the start of the mission certainly (see other post on server hardware)

So we can safely rule out any server performance/bandwidth issues.

So the only thing that could have caused this is, as Shades pointed out, game version/mod pack issues.

This also explains the flak not being effective at the end of the mission as reported by Hollywood.

I want to support Biker and be clear that there are NO changes in the MOD pack that have anything to do with the FM's of the planes, or weapons etc... Let that be VERY clear to all.

For the NE test mission, CRT=2 will be enabled on the server so make sure you have everything perfect or you will not be able to join.

Cheers,
Petr
Petr

Post by Petr » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:57 am

To give everyone the best chance of checking their game config. The mission of yesterday is loaded on the server with CRT=2 enabled.

It will remain running until the next Tuesday test mission.

81.82.196.194:21000

Cheers,
Petr
LLv34_Untamo

Post by LLv34_Untamo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:02 am

S!

Test flight report from the Finns:
- Only minor lag on mission start (some planes tilting to weird orientations on the ground).
- Lag during mission, caused some enemy fighters to warp/teleport from place to place, nothing we haven't seen in previous campaigns though.

Server seemed to perform well.
150GCT_Pag

Post by 150GCT_Pag » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:39 am

My test was ok, no lag, an average 60 fps, no problem at all (ah, yes, a big problem when Uross killed me :lol:).
No problems even by my group mates, only some little lag sometimes in the mix on Malta,
Astore

Post by Astore » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:25 am

No problems for me too, except a momentary lag over Malta when the heavy flak explosions began and I saw Gross plane leaps some hundred meters away from the position he was.
The child who is inside us, never let him die
EAF51_Jimmi

Post by EAF51_Jimmi » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:10 pm

i had 10 minutes of heavy lag over Malta...
i reached several planes only to see them warping away...

then we experienced the "no hit bug" and we all ended the mission winchester whining even more than usual at italian fighters peashoters ;)

anyway it was fun!

SEOW = too many young children playing with too few tin soldiers! (and having a lot of fun!)
AMVI_Enkas

Post by AMVI_Enkas » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Hello to all,

I detect a questionable thing during yesterday's test mission: a Hurricane with a single pass has destroyed a formation composed in 4 BR20 and it was not damaged at all.

Great work of course ;) , but honestly I do not think this very historic .....

This is just to point out that there are 3 possibilities:

1) the BR20 are made of cardboard and soaked with gasoline.
2) the 'Hurricane raised the deflector shields like on star trek
3) the machine gunners of BR20's were busy smoking pipes and get blougiobs :lol:

I think that we should do something, otherwise this aircraft to be used as flying coffin.

:roll:

http://www.amvi.it/forum/download/file.php?id=809

For the rest no problem occurred during test. 8)

S!
Ala13_Florete

Post by Ala13_Florete » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:07 pm

LLv34_Untamo wrote:S!

Test flight report from the Finns:
- Only minor lag on mission start (some planes tilting to weird orientations on the ground).
- Lag during mission, caused some enemy fighters to warp/teleport from place to place, nothing we haven't seen in previous campaigns though.

Server seemed to perform well.
+1

Nus Vemus!

"Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada"

Return to “The Scylla and Charybdis Lounge”