Radar range a question

A forum for design and development discussions regarding this multisector campaign.

Moderator: Petr

Ala13_Florete

Post by Ala13_Florete » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:54 pm

If the rules again are your best argument, Peter you disappoint me. This campaign will be more like a dogfight server and not a historical cooperatives.

I understand you're a lover of the rules, but your rules are not the tablets of Moses. The faults are discovered during the campaigns, not before. And obviously this campaign (like all) has some bugs.

Like I said before I appreciate your work, but I do not understand your position. We're exposing our point of view, in a reasonable way. Why not improve the campaign to make it more real and fun for ALL?

Nus Vemus!

"Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada"
II/JG77_Kemp

Post by II/JG77_Kemp » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:02 am

Maybe it is time to stop whining and start concentrating on the campaign, so people won't lose respect towards each other. If it is already mentioned twice that the radar distance is hardcoded, then whining about it is the same as whining about yesterday's weather.
I also hope this campaign won't turn into some kind of market, where somebody tries to bargain for more favorable rules at every corner.
I think Peter said during the last pre-campaign meeting, when we were bargaining about wind and percentage of planes etc, that once the rules are set, they will not be negotiated again during the campaign. And that is the way it should be.
22GCT_Aquila

Post by 22GCT_Aquila » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:16 am

I opened this topic and if you agree I would like to finish it because everyone has expressed their views .
A result that we have achieved we have had confirmation of the actual range of the radar Allies
I believe in realism , but unfortunately we are confronted with the limits of IL2 and SEOW , so compromises must be accepted .
Glenn expressed his arguments always very relevant and in-depth
which confirms the great work done with commitment , passion and competence.
Thanks Glenn .
We have tried to anticipate all possible situations by establishing the rules, the rules are the rules " is true, but the fact remains that if appear new situations in the battle field they can be discussed and approved if everyone agrees .

The maps scales 2:1 I have never liked them, but we have accepted the compromise ,
the arguments put forward by Glenn on the type of radar chosen have convinced me , since it is not possible ( confirmed by Maraz ) modify its range .
On the other side the reaction times of the Allies to be derived from radar detection are always the same , whether the radar cover to Capo Passero ( scale 1:1 ) or Messina scale (2:1), the surprise factor remains essentially unchanged.

Therefore it's okay even if this situation still penalizes us a little , we imagine that the scenario of the Mediterranean Sea has shrunk , hold on for 5/6 missions until we too have the radar .
We adapt our tactics and commit ourselves to the best.

P.S.

I do not detect in the words of Rugerone anything offensive, just a little ironic.
Petr

Post by Petr » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:44 am

This topic is now locked.

The decision has been made and it is now up to all to accept it with respect.

Cheers,
Petr

Return to “The Scylla and Charybdis Lounge”