Keys not work online

A forum for design and development discussions regarding this multisector campaign.

Moderator: Petr

150GCT_Pag

Keys not work online

Post by 150GCT_Pag » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:23 am

Strange thing happened in my NE mission yesterday night.

Before the mission I usually launch my game to test the right MOD installation, and if all the peripherals (TrackIR, Hotas and so on) are working… all was right! :wink:

Then I connect on the server, but when was in game I founded some keys not working… when I pressed the keys on Joystick for the zoom view, the view stayed in that position :shock: , and even pressing the keys for normal and wide view did not work (not only on joy, also on keyboard).

So I stayed with a big sight on my screen until I managed to set a key to toggle views (not so functional, but I was able to finish the mission, even in wide view)… also trim was not functional, and I discovered at landing that also the gear key dont work (I had to remap another key while on final!! :lol: )

After the mission I launched my game in standalone, and all was ok like in the pre mission test :? … anyone has experienced the same issue?

Ah, my specs:

Win 8.1Pro
i7 950 QCore 3,06Ghz
ASUS X58 Sabertooth MoBo
12 MB RAM DDR3
MSI N 580 GTX
HOTAS Warthog + Saitek ProFlight Combat Rudder

Thx :wink:
greykitten

Post by greykitten » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:12 pm

I did have the same issue, from the start, the key related to gear did not work and set up naviagtion light instead as if my keyboard had gone from azerty (as is) to qwerty, so i spend some time spiraling while messing with the command menu. As in your case i had tested this just before and it worked (mods enabled).

I'm not sure, i will check tomorrow, but i think some of the command appeared twice in the command menu (like mix 1 2 3... 9)
"Il n'est pas besoin d’espérer pour entreprendre, ni de réussir pour persévérer" Guillaume d'Orange
AMVI_Superblu

Post by AMVI_Superblu » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:08 am

Not sure if it's the same issue, but it happens to me aswell sometimes, but only after using ALT+TAB to go back to the desktop while in the 3D world of the sim.

An easy fix is to repeatedly press ALT (left one) for a couple of seconds after getting back in the sim.

The sim seems to "remember" you pressing ALT when going to desktop and doesn't "realize" that you stopped pressing it when you get back in.

So it basically means that if you press G while in this "bug", the sim is sending an ALT+G input.

As said above, i'm not sure if this is the same scenario as you Pag, but it's worth a try
A.M.V.I. - 42 Image
150GCT_Pag

Post by 150GCT_Pag » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:44 am

Thx guys 8)
maybe ithe issue posted by Superblu... in fact before last saturday I've never used the alt+tab combination to esc to desktop, simply pressed the "windows" key to go to desktop, and click the game icon in the bottom bar to return the game.
Saturday I've upgraded from 7 to win 8.1, and the game icon is no longer presnt on the status bar, then I've to press alt+tab to return in game... I think that Superblu hit the target! :D
=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:53 am

Also happened to me during Crete campaign.Remap of gear key in the air worked for me that time.After this I am using only win key to go to desktop.

Return to “The Scylla and Charybdis Lounge”