Special router against disco....

A forum for design and development discussions regarding this multisector campaign.

Moderator: Petr

EAF51_Jimmi

Special router against disco....

Post by EAF51_Jimmi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:05 am

http://arstechnica.com/information-tech ... ster-pipe/

It's a router that combine 2 different internet sources for a faster and more reliable connection...

What do you think ??

SEOW = too many young children playing with too few tin soldiers! (and having a lot of fun!)
=VARP=Thor

Post by =VARP=Thor » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:09 am

It could work if their server is acting like some virtual router and outside servers see it as end point.
If that is the case,this colud be also used for bonding of upload direction and could allow everyone to have servr in the house.
IAF.ViFF

Post by IAF.ViFF » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:35 am

As far as I know your connection to the server sits on one single socket i.e. a single pipeline.

If the server closes your socket i.e. kicks you then it does not matter if at the other end you are using several networks / methods of internet communication at the same time.

This isn't something new, most PCs today come with a built in 2nd network capability on the MB. Even if you have a 2nd network connection at home you will still be connecting only with one of them to the IL2server.

S!

ViFF
IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Center
Petr

Post by Petr » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:41 am

There's another element to this.
2 internet connections = 2 different source IP's
Most FW's reject traffic coming from 2 IP addresses for the same TCP/IP session as it resembles a spoofing attack.

Basically this means that you build the TCP connection with 1 source IP of internet connection #1. Then, during the session, if your router sends packets over internet connection #2 with a different source IP (otherwise this can't be routed), the FW will see this and reject that package thinking someone is trying to highjack your session to gain info or do malicious acts.

I wouldn't do it. UPgrading your main internet line seems like the better choice.

Cheers,
Petr

Return to “The Scylla and Charybdis Lounge”