Christmas break

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

Classic EAF19

Christmas break

Post by Classic EAF19 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:38 am

Yes yes I know the campaign has not started yet but I wondered what the plans are for the christmas holiday period, will all sectors be calling a temporary truce for the holidays?

Thursday 24/12/09 - Christmas eve, I cant see many people flying on christmas eve :)

Thursday 31/12/09 - New Years eve, we should really not be sat in front of our PCs for 3hrs on new years eve :P

and of course Christmas and New Years Day, I only highlighted the two days above as they are days that I am due to fly.
Molti nemici molto onore!

242Sqn_Chap

Post by 242Sqn_Chap » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Just thought about this Classic:-

I think there could feasably be scheduling that would 'get around' or 'incorporate the festive period:-

Its short notice but a provisional plan might be to get up some momentum NOW and TO START this campaign on Monday 14th ! Thats not many days away but I can get everything to the Centmed planners tomorrow evening if required !...and others the day after with Eastfront after its slightly later in the schedule:-

How about this ?:-
Next week 14th -20th:-
ALL mission as Scheduled at set days and start times.

Then we have two weeks of festivites 21st - 03rd January:-

However we could fit one weeks worth of missions into those two weeks with a little juggling:-

21st Monday:- Centmed Mission 2

26th Saturday:- TheSlot 2

27th Sunday:- Crimea 2

28th Monday:- Libya 2

02nd Jan Saturday:- Kuban 2 (or an appropriate time and day chosen by US players)

03rd Jan Sunday:- Midway 2 (there is an Israeli Holiday around here I remember ? in which case we could swap this with Crimea ?)

(some of these days are ass rrequested anyway...switched missions are on the 'alternate' or second day usually already agreed by the squads.)

Then January 4th onwards we would be into a conventional third week at set days and times.

SO over the two festive weeks we could fit in a weeks worth of missions on the desired days but sliding over the two week period to avoid the festive and impossible days.

What do people think about this and of course the 'Bombshell' of starting next Monday ?

Its this option or we wait until after Christmas and new year to start (and this is really starting to get very late isn't it.)
15/JG52_Robi

Re: Christmas break

Post by 15/JG52_Robi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:34 am

Classic EAF19 wrote:Y

Thursday 24/12/09 - Christmas eve, I cant see many people flying on christmas eve :)
Why not, we will all be at home anyway!

I agree for the New Year's eve but for Christmas eve I think we should fly the mission :)
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:53 am

I agree with you Charlie, starting next week is a good thing, like a pre-campaign, reco, setting command responsability, and time for you to check all.
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:57 am

I would like more time to ensure that all players can do the following

1) Download and install the patch and check game functions

2) Establish and address any bugs before the campaign starts - maybe run a test mission or two on the servers - obviously not a mission from the campaign perhaps just a regular coop?

3) Train pilots on the new equipment, particularly true for the realistic bomb and torpedo mod.

4) General 'work up' training on aircraft type and theatres

However I realise I seem to be the only one who would like more time and if the campaign starts then so be it and I am happy to get this thing going, as a famous film quote goes

"Get that bowser out the way. We'll go with what we've got".

242Sqn_Chap

Post by 242Sqn_Chap » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:32 am

I understand your request Classic but its start now or we really are starting to get bogged down in inertia and it will be fully 2-3 weeks before its realistic to consider this again, I tihnk we have to have a 'conventional scheduled week' to start off, or the Xmas fragmentation would require us all to wait until new year ...and it has been a long time and lot of waiting for everybody already.

The first mission or two are a bit of build up anyway and it will be very much a case of:-

'there are your planes...learn to fly them on the way to the target...' for both sides.
22GCT_Erik69

Post by 22GCT_Erik69 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:45 am

Right said Charlie! :mrgreen:
Classic EAF19

Post by Classic EAF19 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 am

Not a problem for me at all Chap, I am guessing I have joined this campaign at the 11th hour and I am sure you guys must of been planning this one for a long time.

Getting in my request for more training will cover my poor performance in game :P

lewilewi

Post by lewilewi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:18 pm

I'm away from the 22nd to 27th ,I cant see it being a problem as I'm hoping to use my brother inlaws computer for news on the medway SEOW .

If any one wants to get hold of me It may be a good idear to PM me on the 242 forums .

:)

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”